xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Another Smooth Install  (Read 206 times)

spare72

• Archived User
Another Smooth Install
« on: November 27, 2004, 12:57:00 AM »

Ok I got my chip and after a few questions answered I set forth to create my new xbox

One suggestion for EB2k

In the master guide make sure you say where the USB drivers you will need are. I did not realize the USB drivers I need were in the Xchip installer I installed.  Once I search here and found it I realized that I was a moron.

Other than that my install was pretty simple.  I flashed the chip and was able to go in and change the settings and now I am doing the HD.

Outstanding job with this new chip EB2k!!  You guys rock!

Easybuy2000

• Archived User
Another Smooth Install
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 10:42:00 AM »

This is explained in the user guide of the X-Control sofware/drivers package.

As soon as you install the drivers before connecting the X-Chip you can read the user guide.

spare72

• Archived User
Another Smooth Install
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »

I checked on the website when I downloaded the program and xchip install guide and did not see it.

I even was a good little monkey and checked the program for a help tab.  This was the only thing I ran into and when I cant find something a quick search here normally yields results.

thanks!  I am good to go and me box is all modded up.  Now I can play Mame pac-man until my brains goes to sleep!! :)

Easybuy2000

• Archived User
Another Smooth Install
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 08:02:00 AM »

Taken from the X-chip user guide

USB DRIVER INSTALLATION
The X-Control Software allows users to connect there X-Chip to there PC via a standard USB A-B( USB PrinterCable )cable and configure and program settings to there X-Chip. But before the PC can communicate with the X-Chip we must 1st install the USB drivers.

Simply connect your X-Chip to a USB cable as shown:
And connect the other end of the USB Cable to your PC.
After a few seconds, a new USB device will be detected by your PC, and
the Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard will appear.

Select Install from a list of specific location (Advanced) and click
on Next. Checkmark Include this location in the search, and
browse to C:\Program Files\X-Chip\USB Drivers and
click on Next.

Select the 1st option and click on Next.

If you are using Windows XP a dialogue box may appear, click
on Continue Anyway.

You will then be asked for the file named ‘ezusb.sys’ Simply
Browse to the location C:\Program Files\X-Chip\USB Drivers
and click OK.

You have now successfully loaded the USB Drivers for
the X-Chip, click on Finish.

JonnyBoy123

• Archived User
Another Smooth Install
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 09:28:00 PM »

love.gif

65C816

• Archived User
Another Smooth Install
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 01:46:00 PM »

My X-Chip was the first xbox chip I'd ever installed. And it was a pain in the ass to install (solderless). It wasn't so much that it was difficult as it was lengthy. I spent roughly my whole day messing with my xbox. Taking the xbox apart and putting it back together was annoying, putting these tiny rivits in the holes.. Getting that wire in D0 (finding the right hole was very easy though). After that I had issues when I was putting the machine back together the chip was getting bumped or something and losing contact and would cease to work. After many many trys, I got it back together and it's working (for now atleast).

Overall I'm quite pleased with my X-Chip, while it was a pain to get working I didn't have to solder anything. That was my main concern with getting an Xbox mod. While I understand a soldered mod would be more stable as it wouldn't lose contact, I can't afford a soldering mistake and my soldering skills are slim to none anyway. I'm sure everyone knows if you can solder go for it, but if you can't, the X-Chip will work for you. It may be a pain to get it working at first but you'll be pleased when you have it figured out.

chronic_

• Archived User
Another Smooth Install
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 02:51:00 PM »

Yeh, you guys made one of the best all round chips, and even provided us with an easy solderless solution for people who dont want to solder!
You gave us great documentation and great cutsomer support, you guys rock!  :)