xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Plain English Free-x/evox Tutorial  (Read 1069 times)

bigleen

• Archived User
Plain English Free-x/evox Tutorial
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2004, 06:03:00 AM »

I have this exploit on my xbox at the moment and i used the hex editor to be able to get to the original dash from evox..but now i want to put the UDE hack on my xbox because i move my xbox alot and plus ive had a problem with the exploit where i am unable to view the contents of the dvd drive..the contents of that drive show up the same as the C drive..weird..so if i could get some help putting my xbox bk exactly the same as before i would appreciate this so much..thanks alot

hitmanevox-240sx

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2004, 06:46:00 PM »

nope mines just went black the power buttton stayed orange 4ever. what did i do wrong can anybdy tell me??

The Penguin Master

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2004, 12:36:00 PM »

Ok i fallowed your great tutorial, but it still fails. I do have xbox v1.3, i read elsewhare that it works up to v1.5 is that true or is it really only v1.0 to 1.2?

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2004, 12:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (The Penguin Master @ Oct 25 2004, 08:03 PM)
Ok i fallowed your great tutorial, but it still fails. I do have xbox v1.3, i read elsewhare that it works up to v1.5 is that true or is it really only v1.0 to 1.2?

Please don't use this tut. it's old and dangerous. Look into some newer exploits like UDE/UXE.

wackl

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2004, 12:50:00 AM »

Hey, does anyone know if im supposed to rename the bert.xtf and snufellupohagus.xtf files to Xbox Bool.xtf and Xbox.xtf in both the c: and the c:fonts/ folder?  I havent done anything yet, and im hoping not to run into any problems.  And also, does this really not require any evox files to be copied to the hard drive, lilke evox.ini?

RiceCake

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2004, 12:43:00 PM »

I updated the guide for those who don't happen to notice the tons of UDE information.

RolfLobker

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2004, 12:37:00 PM »

wink.gif

There is absolutely no need for anyone to use this tutorial anymore.

It's over 15 months old and lots of new and improved methods have been introduced for far better exploiting your xbox.

The presence of this thread would just confuse newcommers and cause unnecessary questions and frustration smile.gif

crispy13

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2005, 11:31:00 AM »

I have followed the tutorial on a new unmoded xbox got the following results using the bond hack the screen goes black for a second and then the green service message screen apears with the code 21 in the top left hand corner , using the splinter cell hack all i get is a black screen after loading the game save and it stays that way , is this because its a new xbox with a different bios if so how can i get this working ?

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2005, 11:34:00 AM »

why the hell do you follow a two year old tut? Did you really think it could be applied to new xboxes? Have you not read any of the latest replies? And last but not least...how could you not notice the info at the top? Are you blind??

This post has been edited by krayzie: Apr 26 2005, 06:35 PM

Olipro

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2005, 12:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(krayzie @ Apr 26 2005, 05:04 PM)
why the hell do you follow a two year old tut? Did you really think it could be applied to new xboxes? Have you not read any of the latest replies? And last but not least...how could you not notice the info at the top? Are you blind??

there's always one tongue.gif

maybe this forum needs a garbage bin... well, less of a garbage bin, more of an archive, but at least people wouldn't stumble on these fossils.

BigSteel

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2005, 12:29:00 PM »

Yesterday, just for fun, I went back to the oldest pages in this forum.  I just wanted to see how the exploits have developed.  Wow, what a difference with the new exploits.  Not sure why someone would have used this old tutorial though ohmy.gif

K-Naledge

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2003, 09:41:00 PM »

PLEASE NOTE!
This guide tells you how to install obsolete font hacks. The old Bert and Ernie, FreeX, and other exploits have been put to pasture with the release of UDE, UDE2, and UXE. Remember, this was developed back in 2003, and suffers clock loop problems, can be glitchy, and doesn't work on newer 1.5-1.6 Xbox'es. DO NOT EXPECT SUPPORT THROUGH THE XBOX SCENE FORUMS FOR THESE KINDS OF EXPLOITS
RiceCake...

This tutorial is for the people out there who have had a MAJORLY hard time getting the "Pheonix - Bert is cheating on Ernie" exploit to work, as I did. This post will be updated regularly as the hacks/exploits improve. I will just section off the following "Tutorials".

It's actually wicked simple, once you have done it, in retrospect. So... here goes:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Free-X/EvoX Dash Exploit USING Pheonix "Bert is cheating on Ernie" Hack
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

X-Box Prerequisites:

* X-Box v 1.0/1.1
* Kernal 4034 / any dash ver.

Your OWN Prerequisites:

* ORIGINAL COPY of "007: Agent Under Fire"
* Standard X-Box Memory Unit OR an Action Replay
* Patience, Time, Attention

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Phase One: Underpants...
--------------------------------

1) Go to the "Usual Places"...

Download the following:

A.)) 007aufsavewithEvoxInstaller.zip
B.)) Bert_is_Cheating_on_Ernie_-_The_Pheonix_Project.zip (or .rar)

2.) Once these files have been obtained, UNZIP them all. You should now have TWO seperate Folders with their respective names.
3.) Create a NEW FOLDER called UDATA
4.) Now you have THREE FOLDERS! *amazing*
5.) In "007aufsavewithEvoxInstaller", you'll see a Folder named "4541000d"
6.) COPY AND PASTE "4541000d" into the same directory you have the above three Folders, thus making FOUR (4) FOLDERS in total (007aufsavewithEvoxInstaller, Bert_is_Cheating_on_Ernie_-_The_Pheonix_Project, UDATA, 4541000d)
7.) Pee.
8.) Now then, go into Folder "4541000d". Once there, go into the Folder "0000000000".
9.) DELETE the Folder "bios" (not needed at this point yet).
10.) CONFIGURE the evox.ini file so that you have the IP SET UP for your PC to work with your XBOX via FlashFXP (or whatever other FTP program you want). A brief example of mine is:

[Network]

SetupNetwork   = Yes
StaticIP   = No
Ip  = 192.168.1.104
Subnetmask   = 255.255.255.0
Defaultgateway   = 192.168.1.1
DNS1  = 0.0.0.0
DNS2  = 0.0.0.0
SkipIfNoLink   = No
SetupDelay   = 10

*NOTE: The above setup is particular to a ROUTER setup. Generally, the "Defaultgateway = 192.168.0.1" and the "IP = 192.168.0.2" (remember to configure your Xbox and PC appropriately [IP's so that they don't match each other... PC and XBOX CANNOT be the SAME IP]. You must use a [generally] yellow Cat5 PATCH / Crossover / Crosstalk cable)

11.) COPY AND PASTE the newly configured "EvoX.ini" file into your "temp" folder (4541000d/000000000000/temp)
12.) With this file configured, SAVE and EXIT it.
13.) Prepare yourself with either a Modified X-Box of someone elses AND a standard memory unit.. OR an Action Replay. Both methods below REQUIRE an ORIGINAL COPY of "007: Agent Under Fire"

Phase two awaits...

Phase Two: ???

This section has TWO methods. One REQUIRES a modified X-Box, a copy of the ACTUAL GAME "007: Agent Under Fire", and a standard, run of the mill X-Box memory unit (method X). The other requires a ACTION REPLAY (method Y). These will be methods X and Y respectively, henceforth...

++ METHOD X ++

1.) Obtain a modified X-Box. With it, ensure you can now FTP into the box. I use FlashFXP (use Kazaa  wink.gif )...
2.) Once able to explore the mod X-Box, go to E: and then into Folder UDATA. It may be a little cluttered here, but fear not!
3.) Now, TRANSFER the Folder we CREATED earlier named "4541000d" into "E:UDATA" . Once done, move on.
4.) Insert your Standard Memory Unit into the game controller as usual.
5.) Reboot the X-Box
6.) Once on whatever dash you are using, get to the ORIGINAL MS DASHBOARD (green one... you know...).
7.) Select MEMORY
8.) Select "HARD DRIVE" (middle)
9.) FIND the "007: Agent Under Fire" game save and highlight it.
10.) Move your cursor to the RIGHT so that you are now sub-highlighting the icon inside the rectangle. HIT A
11.) Select COPY, and then TO MEMORY UNIT.
12.) Once done, power down mod X-Box, and prepare for battle by removing the Memory Unit.
13.) Place Memory Unit into YOUR X-Box controller. Plug controller into YOUR UNMODDED X-Box.
14.) Power ON unmodded X-Box, go to MEMORY, then to MEMORY UNIT (1). Find the "007: Agent Under Fire" game save. Highlight it, and move your cursor to the RIGHT. Select COPY and have it save to your HARD DRIVE. Once this is done, move on. (duh! wink.gif -nsn)
15.) Press EJECT, and insert ORIGINAL disc of "007: AGENT UNDER FIRE"
16.) Once in-game, select "LOAD MISSION" from the main screen.
17.) Your screen should freak out a tad, and BAM. You SHOULD be at the head-end of EvoX. Congratulations!
18.) At this point, you can either click on "INSTALL EVOX..." (at the bottom) or FTP into YOUR unmodded X-Box. We will do the rest in Phase 3...

++ METHOD Y ++

1.) Connect your ACTION REPLAY USB DONGLE to the PC.
2.) Install ACTION REPLAY SOFTWARE via CD-ROM.
3.) Insert ACTION REPLAY memory card into the USB dongle.
4.) Go back to your FOUR folders (007aufsavewithEvoxInstaller, Bert_is_Cheating_on_Ernie_-_The_Pheonix_Project, UDATA, 4541000d).
5.) Once there, COPY AND PASTE the folder we CREATED "4541000d" into the Folder we CREATED "UDATA".
6.) When this is done, go back to the four main folders we made earlier (see above)
7A.) Now you must ZIP this folder. PAY ATTENTION!

* If you use WinZIP, CREATE a FOLDER named "AgentUnder_BONDALL". Place the Folder we created "UDATA" into the folder we just created "AgentUnder_BONDALL" into it. Using WinZIP will JUST ZIP the folder's contents, thus leaving you with a folder named "AgentUnder_BONDALL.ZIP" and the contents (which SHOULD be at this point, because we all paid attention.. UDATA/4541000d/000000000000/... so on and so forth).

* Using WindowsXP, right click the folder we created "UDATA" and highlight "Send To..." and then click on "COMPRESSED FOLDER/.zip" (or whatever). This will archive the folder ITSELF and all it's content's, thus leaving you with a folder named "UDATA.ZIP" and the contents (which SHOULD be at this point UDATA/UDATA/4541000d/000000000000... logically speaking). YOU MUST RENAME the newly created "UDATA.ZIP" to "AgentUnder_BONDALL.ZIP"

8.) At this point, you should have a NEWLY CREATED .ZIP folder named "AgentUnder_BONDALL" with it's next sub-folder being "UDATA". (should be, in directory structure, UDATA/451000d/000000000000/.... so on and so forth).
9.) Now, go to your X:Program Files/Datel/ActionReplay Xbox/Saves folder.
10.) Locate "AgentUnder_BONDALL.ZIP" and either DELETE IT or MOVE IT.
11.) Take OUR NEWLY CREATED .ZIP file "AgentUnder_BONDALL.ZIP" and COPY AND PASTE IT to your "X:Program Files/Datel/ActionReplay Xbox/Saves" folder.
12.) Load up the ACTION REPLAY SOFTWARE
13.) Highlight and "open" the middle list portion "Agent Under Fire". You should see a file named "BOND:All"
14.) Highlight it and "DRAG AND DROP" it to your ACTION REPLAY MEMORY CARD.
15.) IF it works (which it should) you'll see it pause briefly, then the left hand side "MEMORY CARD" or whatever, will slowly start to turn orange. Once it is done, you are hitting the home stretch.
** IF you get any ERRORS ("Invalid Save Game Data" or whatever) this is due to the way your .ZIP is structured. MAKE SURE you have a .ZIP file that is "AgentUnder_BONDALL.ZIP > UDATA/451000d/000000000000/..." etc etc

16.) Remove ACTION REPLAY MEMORY CARD, insert into YOUR unmodded X-Box controller.
17.) Power ON unmodded X-Box, go to MEMORY, then to MEMORY UNIT (1). Find the "007: Agent Under Fire" game save. Highlight it, and move your cursor to the RIGHT. Select COPY and have it save to your HARD DRIVE. Once this is done, move on. (duh! wink.gif -nsn)
18.) Press EJECT and insert "007: Agent Under Fire" ORIGINAL GAME DISC.
19.) At the main menu, select "LOAD MISSION".
20.) Your screen will bug out, and flip colors (black, etc.) The next thing you see should be the EVOX MAIN MENU.
21.) At this point, you can either click on "INSTALL EVOX..." (at the bottom) or FTP into YOUR unmodded X-Box. We will do the rest in Phase 3...

Phase Three: Profit

1.) Now that EVOX is up and running AND you are CURRENTLY FTP'd into your xbox (REMEMBER: your USERNAME/LOGIN is "xbox" and your PASSWORD is "xbox" as a default)... go back to where we had the FOUR/FIVE folders we created.
2.) Once there, go into the Folder we created earlier "Bert_is_Cheating_on_Ernie_-_The_Pheonix_Project".
3.) Notice the THREE MAJOR FILES we'll need: default.xbe , bert.xtf ,  snuffleupagus.xtf .
4.) Now that you know where these files are located, go back to your FTP session with your X-Box.
5.) On the X-Box, go into the C: "drive".
6.) Create a Folder in X-Box's C: "drive" named "backup originals"
6.) Moving on, take note of WHAT FOLDERS are currently present. Namely, look for a folder named "FONTS". If this folder IS present, see * below. If NOT, then move on to STEP 7.

* If "FONTS" folder is present, open it up and go into it. Once inside, *CREATE* another FOLDER named "backup xtf". Using either your MOVE ftp command or whatever it is you do, locate and MOVE/COPY&PASTE the files "Xbox.xtf" and "Xbox Book.xtf" into the Folder we just created "backup xtf".

7.) If "FONTS" folder IS NOT present, create a folder in your X-Box's C: "drive" naming it "backup originals"
8.) Using either your MOVE ftp command or whatever it is you do, locate and MOVE/COPY&PASTE the files "Xbox.xtf" and "Xbox Book.xtf" into the Folder we just created "backup originals".
9.) IF YOU HAVE A FILE in your C: "drive" named "default.xbe", MOVE/COPY&PASTE this into the newly created folder "backup originals" as well on X-Box's C: "drive".
10.) Pee.
11.) TRANSFER THE FILES "bert.xtf" , "snuffleupagus.xtf" , "default.xbe" from YOUR PC to your X-Box's C: "drive".
12.) IF YOU HAVE A "FONTS" FOLDER (as in the previous step), ALSO COPY&PASTE (not move entirely like a CUT&PASTE) the files "bert.xtf" and "snuffleupagus.xtf" into "C:FONTS" location.
13.) In any event, now that you have "default.xbe" , "bert.xtf" , "snuffleupagus.xtf" on the X-Box, RENAME "bert.xtf" to "Xbox Book.xtf" and "snuffleupagus.xtf" to "Xbox.xtf" .
14.) CREATE A FOLDER on X-Box C: "drive" named "SKIN". Place at least ONE ENTIRE EvoX skin in this folder. Otherwise, EvoX will FAIL TO BOOT and you will get "ERROR 21" (thanks Lynxx)
15.) After this is DONE, you are DONE! smile.gif
16.) Close the FTP connection to the X-Box on your PC, and DONT FORGET TO REMOVE THE MEMORY CARD AND "007: Agent Under Fire" GAME DISC from the X-Box's drive.
17.) REBOOT the X-BOX.
18.) Your X-Box should now BOOT to EvoX!

You are now free to use backups, emulators, and I think even drive F: . However, when I check in the EvoX menu for system info related material, it states all other drives as having "xxx.x.xxx.xx" memory available... yet F: is "0". So this might just be a bug. This will be updated in future tutorials posted right here in this topic!

The "eject inside of the EvoX" (EjectFix) still doesn't work properly... it WILL reboot your X-Box. But never fear! It will just drop you right back into the EvoX main menu again anyhow.

So no big deal... just kind of a pain in the ass. Beats loading 007 every time, though!

If you have questions, please post. If you find an error, please let me know. You now RULE, DUDE!

By K-Naledge, with the aide/resource of the expansive knowledge gathered/shared by other forum-goers.

Thanks everyone for your contributions to the scene!

NeoKast

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2003, 09:43:00 PM »

Looking good so far.

Where's the rest?

underthebridge

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2003, 10:20:00 PM »

this will work well for the semi-computer-illiterate n00bs. good job

CybrJnkie

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2003, 11:22:00 PM »

im getting Error screen 21 when I hit A on the save game location where evox should come right up. 1.0 XBox with 4092, Seagate hard drive and Thomson dvd drive.  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13