xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Plain English Free-x/evox Tutorial  (Read 1070 times)

eklypse

• Archived User
Plain English Free-x/evox Tutorial
« on: December 31, 2003, 08:21:00 AM »

will this work for xbox v1.1 dash 4034 with live 2.0?

Hizzer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2004, 12:40:00 PM »

Hey guys,can u tell me where to download the 007aufsavewithEvoxInstaller.zip and Bert_is_Cheating_on_Ernie_-_The_Pheonix_Project.zip (or .rar) files please? Thanks.

dss

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 06:39:00 AM »

Does this tut work for a dash that is higher than 5XXX not sure what it is exactly im at school right now.

flawedkaos

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 09:29:00 PM »

Great tutorial!! I have one quivle though. I installed and renamed all the .xtf files (xbox/xbox book) and put the default.xbe in the fonts folder and the root of c:\ . I restart the xbox and get the blsod with error 13. I removed the xboxdash.xbe and get that error (13) and when I replace it I get the 21 blsod. I unfurtunetly didn't back up the files in the font folder only the ones on the root of c:\. When I went back and replaced the files with the originals I still get error 21. I can play games and boot EvoX using the MA exploit (saved to hdd not memory card) I just can't get the evox to boot with out it. I don't know if this helps at all but this is what the settings in EvoX said: Bios Vr. Unknown  Kernel Ver. 1.00.5101.01 and Xbox Hardware Info. 00000230 A3 D4

Please help. I don't want to buy another Xbox. If you need any more info just email me at vortex_1998(at)yahoo(dot)com. (sorry for the weird email I just get alot of spam tongue.gif )

flawedkaos

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 10:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (flawedkaos @ Feb 20 2004, 06:53 AM)
Great tutorial!! I have one quivle though. I installed and renamed all the .xtf files (xbox/xbox book) and put the default.xbe in the fonts folder and the root of c:\ . I restart the xbox and get the blsod with error 13. I removed the xboxdash.xbe and get that error (13) and when I replace it I get the 21 blsod. I unfurtunetly didn't back up the files in the font folder only the ones on the root of c:\. When I went back and replaced the files with the originals I still get error 21. I can play games and boot EvoX using the MA exploit (saved to hdd not memory card) I just can't get the evox to boot with out it. I don't know if this helps at all but this is what the settings in EvoX said: Bios Vr. Unknown  Kernel Ver. 1.00.5101.01 and Xbox Hardware Info. 00000230 A3 D4

Please help. I don't want to buy another Xbox. If you need any more info just email me at vortex_1998(at)yahoo(dot)com. (sorry for the weird email I just get alot of spam tongue.gif )

Well never mind. I now get the error 16. I can't even boot a game. I know it has to do with the messed up dashboard but now I have no way of ftping into my box to replace it. >_<

razorsharp1989

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 11:10:00 AM »

Will 007 agent under fire platinum hits cd work for loading evox?i tried it but it said cannot load saved game mad.gif , is there a way to work around this or do i need one of the first agent under fire cds?

vintage_guitar

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2004, 09:57:00 PM »

platinum doesn't work, get mech assult.

stezo2k

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 03:08:00 PM »

btw, one question, does it matter if 007 is PAL or the NTSC version?

actually my xbox says it was manufactured in 2003, so i doubt mine is a 1.0 or a 1.1

does any other of the tutorials work with the 1.5 models?

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2004, 04:31:00 PM »

I have a platinum 007 auf pal version and it works great.
And modding a 1.4 or 1.5 version xbox is the same except that you may have to downgrade your dash and pbl has problems on a 5530 kernel (which is currently bein worked on).

stezo2k

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2004, 10:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (krayzie @ Mar 19 2004, 01:55 AM)
I have a platinum 007 auf pal version and it works great.
And modding a 1.4 or 1.5 version xbox is the same except that you may have to downgrade your dash and pbl has problems on a 5530 kernel (which is currently bein worked on).

thanks for the reply mate, i dunno if i'll bother then

nathansurls

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2004, 06:42:00 AM »

blink.gif As in, there is a xbox.xtf and xbox book.xtf in the fonts folder and c drive and both sets are different file sizes. I had a xboxdash.xbe in the c....I tried renaming xtf files to xft extensions and droping bert and ernie in my fonts folder I just get error 21  mad.gif , do I need to change the names of bert and ernie to xbox.xtf and xbox book.xtf or xft? I tried different combinations of deleting everything in fonts folder and adding just bert and ernie and tried different combinations with xbox.xft and xbox book.xft in the c drive. I Even swapped the files. I have had no luck except being able to get the evox screen and ftp in, which was pretty exciting, but AUF is due back on Thursday. biggrin.gif  Can anyone help get this monkey off my back?  wink.gif

kith

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2004, 08:14:00 AM »

I am having a most terrible time with this exploit.
I can get evox to load from the 007 cd but if I boot without a game in the drive, I get error 21.  I followed the directions exactly but still something isnt right.
Also the tut doesnt specify if you need to rename the bert and snuff files on the c drive,
in the fonts folder, or both.  But Ive tried it all 3 ways and still nada.  Any ideas? sad.gif

regulator10886

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2004, 10:23:00 PM »

kith and nathansurls have the same problems as i do, if anyone can answer our problems i would deeply appreciate it

Grospolina

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2004, 06:22:00 AM »

This is an old tutorial that's missing some of the newer developments (like issues with kernels).

Here are some tips:
- You don't have to rename the bert.xtf and ernie.xtf files.  It won't affect anything.
- You have to sign whatever XBE the font file is trying to load, using xbedump.exe.
- Don't use snuffleupagus.xtf (Bert is Cheating on Ernie fonts)

For even more tips regarding the font exploits, check the Checklist thread in my sig.  You can also get to it from the pinned Tutorials topic.

If you want a better exploit (that has no clock loop problems), then check out the "Ultimate Dashboard Exploit" (UDE) thread.  I recommend using that instead.  Free-X/EvoX is last year's news.

regulator10886

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2004, 08:37:00 AM »

- You have to sign whatever XBE the font file is trying to load, using xbedump.exe.

how would you go about signing it by using that file?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13