xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Hd Swap Method To Install Exploit  (Read 873 times)

zbandito

• Archived User
Hd Swap Method To Install Exploit
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2003, 01:50:00 PM »

6.Boot Linux on your computer. The hard disk will be detected as /dev/hdc with an unknown partitioning scheme.
7.If you have used the computer's power cable, you can now turn off the Xbox.

You have now full access to the Xbox hard disk /dev/hdc.

I don't know if it would always come up as /dev/hdc or if that might depend on your PC hardware setup...  also the part about powering off the Xbox seems weird as I thought the drive would then be unlocked and the Xbox wouldn't re-lock it after being powered off?  Maybe someone can clarify this stuff...

Also, backing up the harddisc via linux:
http://xbox-linux.so...d=2002173055324

this part seems particularly interesting
f you want to extract data from the FATX partitions stored in single files using the program xboxdumper, you will have to modify the array partitionAddresses[] at the beginning of the file main.c as follows:

u_int64_t partitionAddresses[] = { 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 };

Now always pass the corresponding image file to xboxdumper as a parameter, for instance:

./xboxdumper list 3 3.raw

zbandito

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2003, 02:39:00 PM »

yeah it won't be able to understand the FATX format until you recompile a kernel with FATX support.  I'm not sure if you can grab this out of xbox-linux project somewhere maybe and insert it into a standard PC distro (presuming there is no established way to add FATX support to standard x86 PC Linux distros already)

...or something

KamelRed

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2003, 02:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (kanga202 @ Jul 8 2003, 04:16 AM)
The fix is to change the string 'FATX' at the beginning of the affected partition (you may need to try them all). This will keep the app from recognizing the partition and you can restore it from an image.

i never thought id say this but read the fucking instutions  rolleyes.gif

Not everyone knows how to change the string, hence reading the fucking instructions wouldnt help very much.

kanga202

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2003, 02:41:00 AM »

i didnt eather i just had to work it out anyway theres a guide i put i the main page to beating the invalid size thing
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]