xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Need Help With Ftping My Xbox  (Read 90 times)

trob

• Archived User
I Need Help With Ftping My Xbox
« on: July 05, 2003, 04:07:00 PM »

IF you can not get a new dash to load you have more problems than just ftp.  You can not ftp till you get a new dash like evox or mxm booted.

fightclub

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2003, 04:19:00 PM »

u have to get the exploit to the HD... u cant read regular burned cd's without it modded... so ur gonna need to take out ur hd... or ur gonna need to use the 007:AUF hack... read up above in the pinned section... and teh ftp probelm can be re-selved by doing a wuick search of the forums... u cant ftp till u get it modded and Evox/(any dash) is loaded... i hope this helped u out...

IonBlade

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2003, 07:29:00 PM »

No, no, that's not what they're saying.  See, your xbox can read cd-rw's and stuff fine, but that's not the problem.  The xbox's security protocols will only let it launch material that's signed by M$, hence you're not going to be able to do anything with that disk you burned for a few reasons.  1) the disk contains no default.xbe file (the xbox's equivalent of a program's exe file in Windows, that is, the program for the xbox to launch) and 2) even if it did contain a program file, your disk wasn't signed with M$'s code, so that the xbox can't run it.

This exploit isn't just a burn-and-play bootdisk like the Dreamcast one was.  To get it to work, you have to either 1) do the hard disk swap trick with your computer or 2) use a memory card with a specially hacked save in conjunction with Mechassault or 007: Agent Under Fire and then ftp into the box via EvoX in order to get the exploit files you have onto your hard drive.  After those are on there, THEN the Xbox will load unsigned code via the default.xbe file that's in the C:, which you would want to be the complex loader.  Once your xbox is booting to the complex loader, then you could actually load linux / backups / whatever from burned disks.

nopennyflag425

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2003, 07:57:00 PM »

isnt there a way to get evox to run so i have an up to ftp my shit to it?

Whatup1049

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2003, 08:00:00 PM »

Nopennyflag these are the only ways to get evox running on an unmodded xbox....!

1. Put a hacked savefile on a memory card that executes evox when you load it in its game..
2. Do the hard-drive hotswap method and install the files on the xbox hdd.

Thats it you cant boot something on a stock xbox that hasnt signed in the first place from dvd-rom!

trob

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2003, 08:02:00 PM »

FTP is not that hard plus you will probally end up needing to transfer files all the time.  If I had to burn a new disk for every transfer I made to my xbox I would have quit a long time ago.

nopennyflag425

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2003, 08:08:00 PM »

well how would i do this hard drive swap shit? I only have windows 98 lol