xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fragging Xbox - Need Some Help  (Read 196 times)

nutt318

• Archived User
Fragging Xbox - Need Some Help
« on: October 16, 2004, 07:15:00 PM »

Ok i Just installed the xchip on my xbox, its a 1.6 version. Anyway i solder it to specs and it still frags. I tried refalashing it numrous times, still nothing. From the posts in other forums its seems like i could have a bad connection somewhere. Also I took off the mod chip to see if the xbox still work, and it did. So i put it back on and still nothing having any luck. Should i redo everything with the soldering. even takedn out the pin header that plugs into the Motherboard. I just cant figure out what is going on with it. And ive resolder every connect twice now and put new wire on. Any Ideas?

Thanks, Jake

nutt318

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 03:15:00 PM »

Well today I just took apart my xbox again and tried to resoder ever connectoin. I put new wires on all connection points and redid all of the soder on all connectoin points. I even made the pins flush with the bottom of the board to make better contacts to the mod chip. But still im getting the frag(flashing red and green) could it be possible that the bios is causing this or a bad connection, almost cant be a bad connection. Or is it possible for a bad mod chip. because i can take the mod chip off and the xbox works fine. Anyway when i do start it up with the mod chip in it just frags and doesnt show anything on the screen. Any ideas?

Thanks, Jake

cravavr3

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 09:23:00 AM »

What bios do you have on xchip?

woody21

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 10:53:00 PM »

I had the same,I had to keep adjusting the DO wire,

Hook

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 08:14:00 AM »

Most of the time, the D0 is to blame.

Try the alternate D0 underneath the motherboard. I'm pretty sure that'll solve your problem.