xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Here Is An Idea For An Xbox Dongle  (Read 206 times)

BBjen

• Archived User
Here Is An Idea For An Xbox Dongle
« on: August 16, 2005, 06:41:00 PM »

Hi Everyone...

If you do succeed in updating the dash board, your homemade dashboard won't work without a modded machine.

I am more looking at this to play live games on a local network, for the games not playable in link but working on live.

Have you tought of tunelling?
Connecting your computer to live and then connecting your xbox to the pc, to play backups.

Ben

mantorok

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 06:56:00 PM »

This is a great chance i believe, imagine that maybe this types of flaws can work too with the xbox360. i heard of stuff like this of people connecting xbox to computers to install exploits but its just a myth. This could become one of the easiest and handy ways to softmod.

rgtaa

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 06:54:00 PM »

i have been hoping a program that could be run on PC could emulate xboxLIVE ... no being connected to INTERNET at all!  So in effect it would be like LIVE system LINK ... alot of the new games are not system link ...and this program would be like a TUNNELLING system ... and it could have just basic function ... just look for others on PC hub that are ready to play same game.  
I have been shot down for 2 or 3 years for suggesting this type program ... but now that the xbox 1 cycle is coming to end ... maybe people will LIGHTEN UP ... and think of a way.  I enjoy playing on LIVE but I sometimes like to have friends over to play system link and some of the games we can't play system link because they are only LIVE.

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 07:15:00 PM »

Definitly, a great idea, but the fact of the matter is, system link is already done, kai and xbconnect are great for www link or even internal links.

LIVE is just a tad bit harder, as the packets are encypted, once passed the auth server, your "fake" dashupdate.xbe would need to definitly be signed, as the xbox kernal has yet to be patched. (thats 2 protections broke)

Defintly the dashupdate, could easily extract a nDure install as the dashupdate.xbe contains a new dash anyways, just alter the setup a little, upon reboot the system is modified. All thru a LIVE dash update.
This would be great, and if the time ever come when this becomes a reality, is after you alter the dns lookup name that the LIVE routines call to for auth, and point them to a LIVE emu that "looks" authentic because the game's CRC checks would still be in place.

Thats when it gets touch, emulating a "authentic" looking LIVE server. They say its been done, but I havent seen it realisticly.

triggernum5

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 08:59:00 PM »

Are you sure live updates are archived like dashupdate.xbe's?  When I updated off xbl it seemed to be complete at nearly the same time the network light stoppped kicking, so I don't know what kind of unpaking could have occurred.. Has anybody ever done an xbl update while running apilogger?  I know its suicide, but might be interesting..

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005, 06:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(triggernum5)
Are you sure live updates are archived like dashupdate.xbe's?

No I am only guessing.

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 04:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(triggernum5 @ Aug 20 2005, 05:10 AM)
Are you sure live updates are archived like dashupdate.xbe's?  When I updated off xbl it seemed to be complete at nearly the same time the network light stoppped kicking, so I don't know what kind of unpaking could have occurred.. Has anybody ever done an xbl update while running apilogger?  I know its suicide, but might be interesting..

triggernum5

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 08:03:00 AM »

smile.gif

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 09:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(triggernum5 @ Aug 22 2005, 04:14 PM)
I got uberdash without an acct..smile.gif

Tp21

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 12:19:00 PM »

if someone could sniff his network while updating the dash, maybe we can get the packages that are send during an live update?
in the xdk are some examples of live servers etc, so it could be possible?

BBjen

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 02:39:00 PM »

Could it be possible to create a fake xbl account with a utility and then try to emulate a fake server with it.

In game live connection should not be as tough as auth for a dashupdate.

(talking through my hat here... i never been on live: only looking at a system link)

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(PedrosPad @ Aug 21 2005, 06:18 PM)
I believe it works closely to this - even if sourced from XBL.

Tp21

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 04:54:00 PM »

hmmm, the live! system uses diffie-hellman as key exchange ( kerberos, strait out of the xdk documentation ) then that key is used to encrypt/decrypt all packages with it, if we can fake the key exchange, we can send and recieve messages from the xbox!
but, the key changes everytime you go Live! ( everytime it does the kerberos key exchange again)
it should be possible to get the data from the xbox and live server and create a "fake" account...

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005, 01:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(Tp21 @ Aug 23 2005, 01:05 AM)
hmmm, the live! system uses diffie-hellman as key exchange ( kerberos, strait out of the xdk documentation ) then that key is used to encrypt/decrypt all packages with it, if we can fake the key exchange, we can send and recieve messages from the xbox!

Tp21

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 03:43:00 AM »

yes, that or an "relay server": that's an server that connects to the xbox and the live system and just plain relays all the information and saves it...
Pages: [1] 2 3