xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: No! Dont Do It Billy!  (Read 207 times)

. / / A

• Archived User
No! Dont Do It Billy!
« on: July 04, 2003, 09:20:00 AM »

hey guys i noticed something on
http://lists.netsys....uly/010895.html

Q5: Can I go "Live" with this hack?

A5: You have full control over the box with this vulnerability. You can
      modify the exploit to allow XBOX Live playing but this will only
      start a cat & mouse game with M$.

plz dont do this, M$ will get angry and when M$ gets angry... PEOPLE DIE

rgtaa

• Archived User
No! Dont Do It Billy!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2003, 09:23:00 AM »

smile.gif

or the  "electric short" that MS can trigger by Upgrading DASH! smile.gif

or the Assination attempts that will be made on the Person that Pitched Bill Gates that the Xbox was a good thing to sink 2 billion dollars into! smile.gif

thomes08

• Archived User
No! Dont Do It Billy!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2003, 09:29:00 AM »

no they're crack down much harder and we'll all get screwed and things will change on these forums

Digian

• Archived User
No! Dont Do It Billy!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2003, 09:35:00 AM »

MS isnt going to crack down or they already would have.
They knew about all these releases, they choose not to act because it sells more xboxen.

Isnt it obvious, M$ has been making new xbox revisions, always trying to decrease production costs, because they are beginning to sell more... due to mods.

And dont think for a second they dont employee some monkey to read over these forums and just sign anything suspiscious with a big red X on the MS black book, you probably dont even see many posts here that may disappear.

iamthewalrus

• Archived User
No! Dont Do It Billy!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2003, 10:18:00 AM »

i think its just gonna end up like the sitiation with the music industry and p2p file sharing networks like kazaa. we're gonna get a bunch of these guys staring down our throats tring to catch anybody doing anything illegal. the difference is that with kazaa and stuff, it can be an invasion of privacy when they look at what you are doing on your computer. but with XBL its a well private service thats owned by microsft, so if they catch you doing somthing or with somthing illegal on your harddrive then they could probly prosecute you and get you thrown in jail.

of course it dont matter to me for somthing like that i got a seperate box for xbl, better to be safe than sorry

leef

• Archived User
No! Dont Do It Billy!
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2003, 10:32:00 AM »

stupid double post. my bad

sharkeater

• Archived User
No! Dont Do It Billy!
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2003, 10:45:00 AM »

im startin to feel sorry for M$, i mean they brought us the best console EVER, put a cheap price tag on it thats constantly goin down, brought us the great games. and what do we do go and steal of them

sharkeater

• Archived User
No! Dont Do It Billy!
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2003, 10:49:00 AM »

im startin to feel sorry for M$, i mean they brought us the best console EVER, put a cheap price tag on it thats constantly goin down, brought us the great games. and what do we do go and steal of them

oh well, guess its the nature of humans!

XanTium

• Archived User
No! Dont Do It Billy!
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2003, 10:55:00 AM »

It is certainly possible to go through the current checks xlive does - but MS can always add more checks.

They can always find out (example: they could check new public key, they could check the edited font files, ...). Like free-x said ... it's a cat and mouse game with MS.
If people try to do this at the end only fully retail untouched xboxes will be able to go on xlive ... even if you play originals on a modded xbox with modchip disabled.

MS has full root axx on the xbox with xlive - as long as you have to change something to boot non-MS-signed code, they will be able to detect it.

Hinotori

• Archived User
No! Dont Do It Billy!
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2003, 11:02:00 AM »

QUOTE (XanTium @ Jul 4 2003, 07:55 PM)
It is certainly possible to go through the current checks xlive does - but MS can always add more checks.

They can always find out (example: they could check new public key, they could check the edited font files, ...). Like free-x said ... it's a cat and mouse game with MS.
If people try to do this at the end only fully retail untouched xboxes will be able to go on xlive ... even if you play originals on a modded xbox with modchip disabled.

MS has full root axx on the xbox with xlive - as long as you have to change something to boot non-MS-signed code, they will be able to detect it.

I fully agree with you, but once they manage to put a hack that alows to load any dvd (or perhaps any software from your HD) without any modification in hardware, ppl will start trying to use Live! with this hack...

I really think that it will be impossible (in the near future) to have a modded xbox with anything changed in the HD... No more EVOX, MEDIAPLAYER and XBOX Live! in the same XBOX... Well, since I'm paranoyd, I just use these apps from DVDs and CD-RWs instead of installing it in the HD... ph34r.gif