xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Which Way Should I Do This  (Read 110 times)

melee

• Archived User
Which Way Should I Do This
« on: July 03, 2003, 07:55:00 PM »

smile.gif )  but I could get one (they sell action replays at best-buy and stuff?)

I am not afaid to take my HD out of the xbox and into PC. have done stuff like it before (might need a tutorial any links?)

so anyway i am not really into liniux, can you play back-ups homebrew etc with this?

I don't know about xbox live, I wasn't that upset when I found you couldn't use live with a modchip but then again the extra levels are cool.

anyway thanks free-x, nice job.

EDIT, I have redhat 9 (not installed)  and knoppix (will this work?)  can I do this on a winxp machine?

underthebridge

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 09:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (melee @ Jul 4 2003, 04:55 AM)
I was gonna order a x-lite 2.2 but then I saw this.  from what I have heard there are 2 ways to do this.

i feel pretty bad for modchip teams...

da_shiznit

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 09:38:00 PM »

wink.gif

LinksAwakening

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2003, 09:38:00 PM »

Just get the X2.

It has a lot more features that can be implemented, and you won't have to worry about M$ releasing a fix for it (as they will more than likely do for Free-X).

melee

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2003, 09:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (LinksAwakening @ Jul 4 2003, 06:38 AM)
Just get the X2.

It has a lot more features that can be implemented, and you won't have to worry about M$ releasing a fix for it (as they will more than likely do for Free-X).

I won't use live, already planing on using tunneling stuff, I got a stepup with my laptop with wireless card which works well

I don't have a credti card myself, so its not as easy to get an xlite for me, also I am cool with opening my system but Installing a mod chip can go wrong. I remember when I installed a afterburner on my Gba...

tem

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2003, 10:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (melee @ Jul 4 2003, 06:48 AM)
QUOTE (LinksAwakening @ Jul 4 2003, 06:38 AM)
Just get the X2.

I won't use live, already planing on using tunneling stuff, I got a stepup with my laptop with wireless card which works well

I don't have a credti card myself, so its not as easy to get an xlite for me, also I am cool with opening my system but Installing a mod chip can go wrong. I remember when I installed a afterburner on my Gba...

lmfao

iLLNESS

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2003, 10:08:00 PM »

why would you feel bad for modchip makers?

i can guarantee theyre intentions are not legal

they simply advertise tehyre chips to be used with cromwell... but we all know that they were producing mods much longer before cromwell bios came out

this is a completely legal way to get shit running on your xbox... they said themselves they doidnt have the intention for pirated games

all they wanted was linux
right from day 1

underthebridge

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2003, 10:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (iLLNESS @ Jul 4 2003, 07:08 AM)
why would you feel bad for modchip makers?

i can guarantee theyre intentions are not legal

they simply advertise tehyre chips to be used with cromwell... but we all know that they were producing mods much longer before cromwell bios came out

this is a completely legal way to get shit running on your xbox... they said themselves they doidnt have the intention for pirated games

all they wanted was linux
right from day 1

You actually believe that linux will be the only thing we will be running out of this??? I find that very funny...  laugh.gif You talk about piracy, well what about homebrew apps, which is what most want?

Oh, and this will be quite a blow on modchip makers, you can bet on it. Nobody wants to risk nuking they're xbox...

LinksAwakening

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2003, 10:15:00 PM »

this is a completely legal way to get shit running on your xbox...

Yeah... It's just perfectly legal isn't it...  dry.gif

jman11587

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2003, 11:46:00 PM »

derek,

i was wondering if i could use knoppix to do this too, but havent tried it yet.  will probably do a little bit of testing in the morning to see if i can figure it out.

please reply if any of you get it working, or if anyone knows of a reason why it wouldnt work.

akula169

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2003, 12:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (underthebridge @ Jul 3 2003, 09:32 PM)

i feel pretty bad for modchip teams...

Have you ever heard of TSOP flashing?

blink.gif

rAph

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2003, 02:47:00 AM »

da_shiznit, tsop flashing is a no modchip solution, and that will always provide as much functionality as the best modchips out there.