xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Caught Fire And Need Help!  (Read 149 times)

shambles1980

• Recovered User
Xbox Caught Fire And Need Help!
« on: July 29, 2011, 02:10:00 AM »

error 6 is cant unlock hard disk if im not mistaken..
Are you sure your using the correct eeprom to lock it?

i find that when using xboxhdm 1.9 i have to..
Unlock with original cd.
REBOOT
insert new cd.
Lock with new cd.

For some reason if i dont reboot "and boot from the new eeprom cd" after unlocking the hard disk it seems to use the original eeprom even though i changed cd

TrentIsSmoking

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 11:40:00 AM »

I tried the method you recommended and the results were the same.  It wouldnt lock.  The onscreen info is:

security supported yes; enabled yes; locked no; frozen no; count expired no.  

I then rebooted it again and ran xboxhd to generate a new HD key.  rebooted and tried to lock the HD again and the result is the same.  It is not locked.  

The only thing I seem to change by locking and unlocking the HD is the security enabled field.  it will change from no and yes but the locked field stays no.  

Please Help I have been trying to figure this out for over a week now.  Thanks SO much for your idea.  Hopefully someone has another!

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 12:26:00 PM »

xboxhdm will not report the drive as locked untill after you reboot..
It will say command sucsessfull "or somthing like that"
but will shw the drive as Unlocked.  But if you restarted and tried to lock the drive again it would say drive is already locked.
if the drive was not locked at all it would give you an error 5 in your xbox.
error 6 can also sometimes happen when your hard disk is damaged.

TrentIsSmoking

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 10:12:00 AM »

anyone?

obcd

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »

Probably, just unlocking isn't enough. It's been a while ago that I have used xboxhdm, but you should find a way to disable security as well. If you put the harddisk in your xbox with it's security disabled, it should give you an error 5. After that, you can try the cd with xboxhdm for your new xbox and try to lock the harddisk with that one. At that moment, it should automatically reenable the security.
I assume you are sure that the xboxhdm disk from the old xbox is capable of unlocking the harddisk and that the pc bios isn't interfering in the proces.

If your xbox isn't a 1.6, you could also consider a Tsop flash with a modchip bios. It will allow your xbox to boot from an unlocked harddisk.

TrentIsSmoking

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 07:54:00 PM »

I used the same disk to lock it to the first fire xbox and it worked great till that moment.   I am using an old PIII from 99 to unlock the HDD.  Is is possible to be able to lock the HDD but not unlock it with the same setup?  Also how would you just disable the security in xboxhdm?  Thanks again for the help!

TrentIsSmoking

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 10:07:00 PM »

Thank you ALL!    Ok I finally got it to work.  I started from the beginning and made new xboxhdm bootcds and remembered to reboot between each step and it worked!  I unlocked it tried it got it to change from error 6 to a 5.  Then I reinstalled the c drive with the new xboxhdm cd and locked the HDD and even though it said it wasnt locked I tried it anyway and it worked no errors and a fresh non burning xbox with all my old stuff on it.  My son and myself are very thankful!