xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Use A Modchip To Actually Softmod  (Read 146 times)

hyfall381

• Archived User
Use A Modchip To Actually Softmod
« on: February 15, 2011, 03:44:00 AM »

whats up guys. im getting ready to softmod a friends xbox, and i cant find my darn memory card with the splinter cell exploit on it!  but i do have an old solderless modchip. i know ive done something like this before, but i cant quite remember what i did.

heres what im thinking..  i put the chip in his xbox, then it boots modded, which means it can read one of those auto-installer discs. (first ill boot evox, ftp and save the eeprom to be safe)

then i run the disc, and the xbox becomes softmodded. after that, i can remove the chip and have a softmodded xbox?

i read on an older thread Here the instructions cerealkillajme wrote for doing just this. (post 11) using his CASH v1.1 disc.  but i cant find that disc anywhere. i know enough not to ask either (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

so is there an alternative auto installer i can use?  and will this method work? thanks a million!

*edit* - i know about slayers, a.i.d., etc. but by "alternative auto installer" what i mean is an auto installer that has some kind of option to allow a soft mod to be installed in an already modded xbox.  thanks again.

This post has been edited by hyfall381: Feb 15 2011, 11:48 AM

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 08:00:00 AM »

HeXEn 0.99B11-22 will do what you want. Find it with Google, burn to DVD-R at 4x or slower.

spliff721

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 01:16:00 PM »

indeed, HeXEn is a great choice for this, but i have googled it and all the links lead to dead torrents. i suggest searching for "HeXEn (heimdall's xbox engineering disc) rar" the second link i know to work.

hyfall381

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »

Thanks Heimdall for the info and thank you Spliff for pointing me in the right direction. Indeed, some of these programs that are vital for softmodding Xboxs are getting harder and harder to find. I'll be sure to hang on to them.
I'll be trying this out sometime this week.

Thanks again guys smile.gif

hyfall381

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 11:59:00 PM »

One last question before I start.. Once I boot this disc, will I be able to FTP to my pc to save the eeprom? Or will I have to boot an EvoX disc first? I'd like to save the eeprom before i do anything else.
I should be doing this softmod very soon. Thanks again.

spliff721

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 12:07:00 AM »

when you boot the disc, go to softmod tools and install a krayzies 1.1.1 softmod. it will take you through the steps, of which the first step is to backup eeprom. you should also have FTP enabled the whole time.

hyfall381

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 01:07:00 AM »

great. thanks again Spliff. I'm looking forward to trying this out. I know these Auto-Installers have really made things a lot easier.