xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Suggestions On Converting Solder-less Mod To Soft Mod  (Read 69 times)

obcd

• Archived User
Suggestions On Converting Solder-less Mod To Soft Mod
« on: November 04, 2009, 02:22:00 AM »

Hard to answer. Modchips are very forgiving about what needs to be on the harddisk. Softmods are based upon exploiting the M$dash. So, you need a working dash to exploit.

I would suggest to backup the xbox eeprom and transfer the eeprom.bin to your pc.

Next, I would ftp the xbox E and F contents over to your pc so that you have a backup on another disk.

After that, you could use the xboxhdm package together with the kingroach ndure softmod to prepare your harddisk for a softmod. You can extract a rescue iso like slayers or AID to have the original m$dash files. I use the Qwix program to extract xiso's.

Once the C partition contents of the disk are altered, you can lock the harddisk.

You will need a pc with 2 ide connectors  for xboxhdm. If your pc only has one ide connector, you could try the xboxhdm2 package.

You could also prepare a folder on your pc with all the needed files and folders for a softmodded C partition, and ftp those over to your xbox harddisk. You will need to lock the harddisk before you can boot from it with the modchip disabled.

regards.

ddbjr

• Archived User
Suggestions On Converting Solder-less Mod To Soft Mod
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 08:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(obcd @ Nov 4 2009, 04:22 AM) View Post

Softmods are based upon exploiting the M$dash. So, you need a working dash to exploit...

Thank you for your suggestion. I appreciate it!