xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Old Modded Box, My Kids Say They Didnt Do It.. Lol  (Read 52 times)

wikked911

• Archived User
Old Modded Box, My Kids Say They Didnt Do It.. Lol
« on: February 02, 2020, 07:15:00 PM »

I have an older box.... modded with unknown exploit ( it was my first taste of the xbox xperience)
came home from work and kids said xbox was broken (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
 I turned it on, instead of unleash x dashboard, im greeted with the xbox live screen trying to connect to live... it goes thru the motions until it realises it cant connect.... says unable to connect click ok to continue.. i click ok   then it starts to try and connect again... neverending loop
 eject trick wont work
 wont boot any disc.. backup or regular
 cant gain access via ftp
 i didnt mod it so I have no eeprom or ms backup (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

any suggestions or help???
 Im not new to softmods, but havent come across this " live" screw up yet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
 Thanx in adavance!!!

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 07:17:00 PM »

You'll have to hotswap - or fit a chip.

wikked911

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 08:20:00 PM »

I have another modded box... in the post above me... just fixed it.... ued evo-x v+3935
 could i possibly use it to help me in this task?? ive seen a few threads about it but am unsure \ which one will help me with this locked up system since i have no eeprom backup or msbackup from the frozen xbox (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

thanx for the superquick reply! i wasnt upstairs 15min fixin the other one and already got a reply .. Thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

wikked911

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 12:27:00 PM »

ok, im gonna try the hotswap today.... anyone got any tips or suggestions before I start?!!
 and also, i dont have the eeprom.bin  ..... any suggestions on that??

1hotjob

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 03:57:00 PM »

You should ground the Xbox and the PC together with a wire to help with grounding / shorting issues. There are several videos on youtube explaining the hotswap process. Make sure you have Xplorer360 to read the Xbox HD. Other than that, good luck. Hopefully your exploit created an eeprom.bin file. If not you can do it once you get it running again. You should probably look into CASH Ver 1.1 or Frosty's rescue disk to upgrade the softmod to Krazie's Ndure 1.1.1 and maybe prevent this in the future.

wikked911

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 05:27:00 PM »

ok, i got the xplorer360  and removed hd from my frozen xbox....
 pc config notified me of the new drive, i clicked ok..
now i open xplorer360, and click
drive-open-hd/mem card
 then it tells me  "could not find fatx drive to open"

I have been searching the net, and cant find any how to guides for this xplorer360 program... any help is appreciated!!!
 Thanks for gettin me this far!!

This post has been edited by wikked911: Today, 01:39 AM

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 06:23:00 PM »

You don't remove the disk, you hotswap it!!

wikked911

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 07:00:00 PM »

ah-ha...  ill report back in a bit !!!
 Thanks a bunch!

wikked911

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 10:12:00 PM »

.... ok... still unable to get this hotswap thing...  i have tried removing the ide from the dvd, i get an error7 which from my research doesnt unlock the HD... ive tried doing it at the microsoft logo under the big green X...  I also have tried while trying to load an original xbox game...
 still no luck..
any other advice or Tips that an experienced hotswapper can offer me?  I think im at the point where i use it for parts, or order an eeprom reader, which costs a lil bit more than finding a new box to mod...
 Is there anyone who can help me out of this dilemma??
 oh also, in some guides it tells me to use the secondary ide cable for xplorer360.... ive tried both primary and secondary... Hmmmmm

wikked911

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 10:29:00 PM »

ok, one last thing before i close this thing up for the nite...
 i read in a tut on here
"he Xbox HD DOES NOT unlock when your xbox boots into an error 6 or 7. The drive is usually unlocked for a short period on Xbox Errors 11, 12, 13, 16, & error 21, but Errors 11 & 12 are the preferable errors to do the hotswap. It is also unlocked inside the m$ dash, and also during gameplay."

my xbox is sutck trying to acces xbox live..... would that be leave my HD unlocked??? as it says above "It is also unlocked inside the m$ dash, and also during gameplay." does my live screen qualify???
 Thanks for everything so far!!

obcd

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 01:59:00 AM »

I am not sure about your live screen. Since xplorer360 refuses to read from the harddisk, I assume it isn't unlocked or your pc bios is messing things up.

The cheapest solution is building an eeprom reader. It's just a couple of easy to find components.

Check this out.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/357863

Another option is temporary installing a modchip. With a modchip, you can read and backup the xbox eeprom. With that information you can unlock the harddisk on your pc and reinstall the softmod.
After that, you can remove the modchip again.

regards.