xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Softmod + Slayer's + Hdd Upgrade  (Read 40 times)

kakomu

• Archived User
Softmod + Slayer's + Hdd Upgrade
« on: February 11, 2008, 11:25:00 PM »

Well, after trying for a few hours, I've come to the conclusion that the methods I mentioned are not feasible.  I'm not sure if it's a problem with the methodology or if it's a problem with a version 1.6 Xbox.  I say this because I managed to get the larger HDD locked.  The problem was that for whatever reason, the lock didn't work and simply made the drive inaccessible to all.  Unlocking worked.  Manually locking with hdlock.exe didn't work with the key that was provided through Evolution X.  I had to resort to XboxHDM, which produced a different key than what I saw in the Evo-X produced key.

I'm guessing that a lot of people already knew this, so a learning experience for me.

1hotjob

• Archived User
Softmod + Slayer's + Hdd Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 08:09:00 AM »

You can write an eeprom to a hard modded Xbox and essentially make it the same as the Xbox the eeprom came from. This enables you to build a new drive and lock it with the hard modded Xbox, put it in the original Xbox and it will run.

The only problem to this is i don't know if a 1.6 is compatible with an older Xbox. Someone else may be able to answer this or search for writing eeproms.

You could look in the B/S/T section and see if someone is selling eeproms. You don't need to buy one, just ask them if a 1.6 will work on an older Xbox.