xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problems Turning Off Mod  (Read 91 times)

MikeCampo

• Archived User
Problems Turning Off Mod
« on: July 12, 2005, 05:21:00 PM »

I softmodded my xbox with the mechassualt exploit and it's been working perfectly. Today I wanted to play on live so I went put mechassault back in and selected the option to turn the mod off. Afterwards I went back to turn it on and I'm only given a few seconds before the game resets. When I selected to turn the mod on again I get an error message about a batch proccess failing but it doesn't give any details. So now my xbox boots to the error screen telling me I need service, but I can still boot mechassault.  It's strange how I only have a few seconds to open the mod install before the game boots again. How do I fix this problem?

Thanks,

MikeCampo

• Archived User
Problems Turning Off Mod
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 05:46:00 PM »

update: I ran the halo 2 xbox live troubleshooter and it did some type of xbox live update, however it restored my original dashboard. I then deleted the mechassault game save and reloaded it back on, only after realizing that I read you shouldn't remove the gamesave. So now when I run the mech assault exploit I get the option to install the softmod, and restore system. Should I go ahead and try to re-install it or will that totally screw up my xbox. Or should I run the restore option?

misterhoangdai

• Archived User
Problems Turning Off Mod
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 06:49:00 PM »

choose to re-install. i think you were only given a few seconds to turn on the softmod because you turned on autolaunch

MikeCampo

• Archived User
Problems Turning Off Mod
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 06:50:00 PM »

Lol yet another update.

After ftping into my xbox I noticed that the evox files are still present, so I'm guessing there is a way to put the dashboard back on right? I read a tutorial on installing evox and it said to rename  evox's default.xbe file to evoxdash.xbe and to place it on the C:\ drive. If I rename the default file from E:\dashboard and place it in my C:\ drive will that allow me to boot evox again?

Thanks,

misterhoangdai

• Archived User
Problems Turning Off Mod
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 06:57:00 PM »

NO. i guarantee you will nuke your box if you do that. that method is for hardmodded xboxes. If you want to get your MS dash back then go get some retail C files and FTP them over to your xbox and delete any folders/files on the E drive from your softmod

MikeCampo

• Archived User
Problems Turning Off Mod
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 07:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(misterhoangdai @ Jul 12 2005, 09:32 PM)
NO. i guarantee you will nuke your box if you do that. that method is for hardmodded xboxes. If you want to get your MS dash back then go get some retail C files and FTP them over to your xbox and delete any folders/files on the E drive from your softmod

I got the MS dash back, but I want to get my evox dash back without messing up my hardrive. Is it 100% safe to re-install the mod even though the files are on my xbox already?

krayzie

• Archived User
Problems Turning Off Mod
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 11:04:00 PM »

no that's not 100 % safe.

misterhoangdai

• Archived User
Problems Turning Off Mod
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 12:06:00 AM »

its never 100% safe. choose to install the softmod. notice i said install and not reinstall. when you choose that option, it tells you that there are folders already there so just choose to overwrite them

MikeCampo

• Archived User
Problems Turning Off Mod
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 12:15:00 AM »

ok i tried to re-install and i get to the part where I select evox as my dashboard. then it gives me an error code 112, saying "An error occured while copying 'c'" batch process failed, action: rename

I noticed that the first folder the installer goes to is C:\fontsretail.
Is it trying to rename this folder, but for some reason it's not working?

Any idea's how to get around this?

krayzie

• Archived User
Problems Turning Off Mod
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 11:28:00 AM »

I allready told you it wasn't safe and you still tried it. Well then you could have expected such an error. You should get your xbox files back to stoick and try again.

MikeCampo

• Archived User
Problems Turning Off Mod
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 12:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(krayzie @ Jul 13 2005, 02:03 PM)
I allready told you it wasn't safe and you still tried it. Well then you could have expected such an error. You should get your xbox files back to stoick and try again.

Yes I saw your post saying it's not 100% safe, but I didn't think you were implying to not try the install at all. However I appreciate your help, so I'll use slayers, and try the install again.

Thanks