xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: The Blackwar Installer  (Read 1144 times)

BlackWar

• Archived User
The Blackwar Installer
« Reply #180 on: March 24, 2005, 08:12:00 AM »

I just noticed myself that the web page is down. I will try to get it resolved asap.

EDIT: My IP changed, now fixed.

for the installer part, yes you need to unzip the installer and edit the xml file to the static IP you need to use.

The black screen of terror still confuses me. I myself have a 1.6 xbox and it worked fine. granted, you do get a black screen for about 3~5 seconds, but if you wait it out it should work. I am not ruling out the possability that something is wrong however. MA has been known to be a little picky at times.

krayzie

• Archived User
The Blackwar Installer
« Reply #181 on: March 24, 2005, 12:16:00 PM »

if blackwar put the nkpatcher on C which I almost know for sure he did you could burn a dash to a disc and gain ftp acces that way.

marky-b

• Archived User
The Blackwar Installer
« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »

haha. you're not the only one here, so dont worry about it. krayzie, blackwar and a variety of others are here to guide n00bs and those of the such. once again, thanks to all who have contributed to this mod as well as this thread!

-marky

krayzie

• Archived User
The Blackwar Installer
« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2005, 02:08:00 PM »

if you want to make it easy just make an iso first with qwix then burn it as an image. Always make sure the XBE is named default.xbe and placed in the root of the image.

badutahboy

• Archived User
The Blackwar Installer
« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2005, 06:58:00 PM »

Ok, so I circumvented the problem.. but I have a new question to ask... here's what I did

First, I unlocked the hard drive in MY Xbox (remember it's my friends that's messed up)...

Then, I used XboxHDM to Re-lock the drive using my friends eeprom....

I put my HD in his box.. worked fine... so I backed up my HD on to my comp.... made the XBOXHDM boot CD, and went in and set up his new hard drive....

Throw in the new hard drive.. it boots to MSDash... which is weird, cause I have blackwars installed on my HD... I look at the memory manager, and unleashX is there....

I just realized... I only backed up C and E for the HD upgrade... but my blackwars install is the Large HD install, so most of it is on F....

Anyway, I reinstalled blackwars on his Xbox, worked fine.... BUT, am I going to have future issues restoring it to "true factory state" because it didn't sense the blackwars that was already installed on this HD? Any input?

Again, Krayzie (and all of you other guru's out there) Thanks so much for helping us lower intellects understand and navigate through this xbox modding maze... you guys are awesome.

krayzie

• Archived User
The Blackwar Installer
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2005, 12:04:00 AM »

I dunno what you did but it doesn't really make sense. If you don't know what to do just restore to retail state and start over again.

The_Truth

• Archived User
The Blackwar Installer
« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2005, 12:41:00 PM »

wink.gif

spcnieves

• Recovered User
The Blackwar Installer
« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2005, 09:52:00 PM »

sorry, wrong place.

adyra

• Archived User
The Blackwar Installer
« Reply #188 on: March 27, 2005, 11:23:00 AM »

Hi all, I got this new xbox elite package which is blue in colour ntsc/j wif 2 games. Halo 2 and Call of duty. Like to use the blackwar softmod but wanna check first. sorry cos me a noob so bear wif me, my K: 1.00.5838.01 & D: 1.00.5960.01. Issit illegible for blackwar's softmod? so wic one should i use? the 007 or MA or Splinter cell NTSC? mine is NTSC/J. must i get the ori games for it to proceed with the softmod?

Smoko

• Archived User
The Blackwar Installer
« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2005, 03:55:00 PM »

Umm.. The sites down again.

spcnieves

• Recovered User
The Blackwar Installer
« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2005, 11:35:00 AM »

I still have the black screen problem. Anybody has found the fix. I have tried with meachassault and sc but when i hit run linux it just turns black and stays black for a while.

rdank

• Archived User
The Blackwar Installer
« Reply #191 on: April 06, 2005, 09:37:00 PM »

Hopefully someone can help.

I've been using the Blackwar 1.3 MA installer for the last month or so.  I've done 5 xboxs to date and all have gone perfect.  

Today, I got an xbox from a friend (4-24-02 mfg date) to help him out.  I started going through the steps and have encountered a problem.  It is claming it's not a stock HD and will not continue.

Things different on this unit vs. others:  New memory card is being used.  I sold the previous one I was using and had to get another.  

I loaded up MA and go into Blackwar's installer.  Backed up the EEProm and ran the HD backup.  I have FTP'ed all partitions to my harddrive before doing anything and after running the EEProm backup and HD backup.  

So, at this point I select Stock HD and install.  I get an error that says "Aborting.  Last action: Not a stock HD."  At this point, I tried to uninstall and it gave the same error msg.  

This is a stock drive and the machine has never been opened.  I can say this for certain.  

If someone has any guesses here, that would be great.   If no one wants/can help, I'll look through some other exploits tomorrow.  I can FTP into the unit just fine, so I'm thinking there's other options.

I did want to mention this to hopefully find a solution.  I also though Blackwar might want to see this (although I doubt it's anything new).  I looked over a bunch of pages but didn't see this problem mentioned.  Hopefully I'm not asking something that has been asked 100 times before.  

Thanks for any and all help.  This is a great community.

sandstheman

• Archived User
The Blackwar Installer
« Reply #192 on: April 07, 2005, 12:08:00 PM »

unsure.gif

What am i doing wrong  uhh.gif

sandstheman

• Archived User
The Blackwar Installer
« Reply #193 on: April 07, 2005, 12:34:00 PM »

Just to add to above, the dash has been updated to whatever version Halo2 updates 2 when u choose to run Live

sandstheman

• Archived User
The Blackwar Installer
« Reply #194 on: April 07, 2005, 12:51:00 PM »

Woo i got it working, just being a doofus, there seemed to be a save game, that wouldn't show up in splinter cell when the game was loaded, it only show'd up in the memory manager so deleted it and voila
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15