xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Softmod Installer Deluxe  (Read 108 times)

modbox_

• Archived User
Softmod Installer Deluxe
« on: February 19, 2005, 01:51:00 PM »

OK, heres the deal, i softmodded an xbox using the SID v1.1 and XboxHDM, now, all went fine install the mod, the backups, installed F drive, locked the HDD, but now i have a problem, this softmod installer deluxe doesnt seem to support a large F drive (over 137gb) but it does support G drives, but i dont want a G drive and even if i did XboxHDM doesnt install G drives. I tried to edit the BFM bios (Evox M8) to change to large F but Evtool doesnt support the BFM, how can i edit the BFM bios?, or can i just add my own X2 BFM bios, making sure it boots the same dash and supports the large F.

krayzie

• Archived User
Softmod Installer Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 03:09:00 PM »

Why don't use nkpatcher. PBL is kinda obsolete.

modbox_

• Archived User
Softmod Installer Deluxe
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 03:28:00 PM »

Hmmm, ok, i will look into it, i just dont want to have to change loads of files etc, i was looking for an easy fix in simply editing the BFM bios.

DaddyJ

• Archived User
Softmod Installer Deluxe
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 03:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(modbox_ @ Feb 19 2005, 05:34 PM)
Hmmm, ok, i will look into it, i just dont want to have to change loads of files etc, i was looking for an easy fix in simply editing the BFM bios.

modbox_

• Archived User
Softmod Installer Deluxe
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 03:57:00 PM »

Hmm, looking at nkpatcher, i would have to edit it for the my dashboard (E: partition) then compile it with NASM which i dont have or never used, then sign the output file with xbedump, then would i need to rename it to default.xbe? all seems a bit much when im sure a better bfm bios in pbl would suffice.

krayzie

• Archived User
Softmod Installer Deluxe
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2005, 04:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(modbox_ @ Feb 19 2005, 11:03 PM)
Hmm, looking at nkpatcher, i would have to edit it for the my dashboard (E: partition) then compile it with NASM which i dont have or never used, then sign the output file with xbedump, then would i need to rename it to default.xbe? all seems a bit much when im sure a better bfm bios in pbl would suffice.

modbox_

• Archived User
Softmod Installer Deluxe
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »

Well, one would assume that a package thats released only a few weeks ago would have a bfm bios that supports over 137gigs anyway.. saving all the time and effort.

krayzie

• Archived User
Softmod Installer Deluxe
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2005, 04:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(modbox_ @ Feb 19 2005, 11:12 PM)
Well, one would assume that a package thats released only a few weeks ago would have a bfm bios that supports over 137gigs anyway.. saving all the time and effort.

modbox_

• Archived User
Softmod Installer Deluxe
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »

True, i will look into nkpatcher, see what i can do..

EDIT: thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

modbox_

• Archived User
Softmod Installer Deluxe
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2005, 12:13:00 PM »

Well, just to let you know, i did edit the closed.bin and open.bin in the C:\SID folder using the Evtool with mentoo (thanks krayzie) and it all works fine now, it supports my 200gig drive with a huge F drive.

krayzie

• Archived User
Softmod Installer Deluxe
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2005, 11:16:00 PM »

the bin files are just normal bios files and can be edited with evtool. Be sure to get the one in the pbl metoo package though.

gacomeau

• Archived User
Softmod Installer Deluxe
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2005, 05:29:00 AM »

Should I rename them to close.bin and open.bin or can I leave the default name of Metoo-M8plus_16-06?