xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Transfer Save To Usb Thumb Drive Please Help  (Read 87 times)

KakarotX

• Archived User
Transfer Save To Usb Thumb Drive Please Help
« on: February 17, 2005, 09:08:00 AM »

i am trying to softmod my box. i have an adapter so i can use my usb thumb drive as a memory card. i put it in the xbox and formated it. i tried using ozxmemory to transfer the save to the card, but i can't. the program sees the thumb drive as a memory card but i can't figure out how to get the save on it.

please help

thanx

unclejim

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »

use Action Replay,  it works for me

KakarotX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 09:23:00 AM »

i have tried using action replay but i can't figure it out.
can someone please tell me how to use it.
thanx

modbox_

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 12:14:00 PM »

The save file you downloaded from "the usual place" unzip it, you will find its a folder like this: "454100d" (007 agent under fire save), make a new folder called UDATA and drag the save folder into that, zip it up and call it whaterver you want then drag it into the middle section of Action Replay.

If your Action Replay software doesnt recognise the memory card/USB thumb drive, download USBView and open it, select the USB port your thumbdrive is in and you will see lines of text on the right, you will notice 2 of them are :

idVendor:          
idProduct:          

Goto your Action Replay program folder, then the drivers folder "datel/Action Replay/Drivers" and you will notice a file called xbreader.inf inside that ther are lines of text like this:

%S_DeviceDesc1%=_Install1, USB\VID_0EA0&PID_6803
%S_DeviceDesc1%=_Install1, USB\VID_05FD&PID_0316
%S_DeviceDesc1%=_Install1, USB\VID_045E&PID_0280
%S_DeviceDesc1%=_Install1, USB\VID_045E&PID_0381
%S_DeviceDesc1%=_Install1, USB\VID_0738&PID_4507
%S_DeviceDesc1%=_Install1, USB\VID_040B&PID_6520
%S_DeviceDesc1%=_Install1, USB\VID_05E3&PID_8001
%S_DeviceDesc1%=_Install1, USB\VID_05FD&PID_9011&REV_0100
%S_DeviceDesc1%=_Install1, USB\VID_05FD&PID_9001&REV_0100

Each of these lines are AR compatible memory cards, edit one of these lines to match your USB thumb drive by replacing the "VID_0EA0&PID_6803" numbers with the vendor ID and product ID of your thumbdrive (the last for digits).

Now goto your device manager on your pc and update the driver for your USB thumbdrive, choose the xbreader.inf in the AR software/drivers folder as the new driver, then when you start AR it will detect the thumbdrive (as long as you formatted it in the xbox). Then simply drag your save file to the USB thumb drive.

Hope it helps.

nickfo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 09:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(modbox_ @ Feb 19 2005, 12:20 PM)
The save file you downloaded from "the usual place" unzip it, you will find its a folder like this: "454100d" (007 agent under fire save), make a new folder called UDATA and drag the save folder into that, zip it up and call it whaterver you want then drag it into the middle section of Action Replay.

If your Action Replay software doesnt recognise the memory card/USB thumb drive, download USBView and open it, select the USB port your thumbdrive is in and you will see lines of text on the right, you will notice 2 of them are :

idVendor:           
idProduct:         

Goto your Action Replay program folder, then the drivers folder "datel/Action Replay/Drivers" and you will notice a file called xbreader.inf inside that ther are lines of text like this:

Each of these lines are AR compatible memory cards, edit one of these lines to match your USB thumb drive by replacing the "VID_0EA0&PID_6803" numbers with the vendor ID and product ID of your thumbdrive (the last for digits).

Now goto your device manager on your pc and update the driver for your USB thumbdrive, choose the xbreader.inf in the AR software/drivers folder as the new driver, then when you start AR it will detect the thumbdrive (as long as you formatted it in the xbox). Then simply drag your save file to the USB thumb drive.

Hope it helps.

I did this method with my viking 64 mb usb key and the action replay software still wont recognize my device.  I followed all the steps.  What did i do wrong?

This post has been edited by nickfo: Feb 20 2005, 05:33 AM

unclejim

• Archived User

with

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 03:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(modbox_ @ Feb 19 2005, 08:14 PM) View Post

idVendor:          
idProduct:          

Hope it helps.

thx m8 still works afther all those years.

just did use it and its almost  the year 2011.

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

crusty_punk

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 09:13:00 PM »

I am having the EXACT SAME problem.
I can't find anything to help me....

I followed everything to the teeth and I get nothing.
Action Replay will not, can not, does not acknowledge that there is a fatx formatted mem drive present (formatted usb stick)

I am thoroughly stumped.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 08:43:00 AM »

Are you certain the USB memory stick actually works. In my experience they can sometimes be reformatted to FATX but still not function properly.

Have you tried just copying game saves from the HDD to and from it? If there's a problem it won't work and likely go missing from the dash. Sometimes it will seem to work OK but then a copy will fail and it will go missing and not be recognised/mountable permanently even though still FATX formatted.

Plenty of corrent threads about just these sorts of thing if you search.

If it is working 100% correctly then sorry can't help as I know nothing about AR but I'm sure somebody here will try before too long. Hope you get it sorted.

retromax

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 08:05:00 PM »

OK so i'm new here (1st post) and i've had a softmoded xbox for years which was done by someone else, after getting another un-modded xbox off freecycle the otherday I decided to take the plunge and do my own... anyway all worked out well and now i've re-modded the other too and put some old 80gig HDD's in them both...
So on topic here I was wondering the same thing the other day, can't this gamesave transfer thing be done in the same way I originally got my gamesave xploit to the xbox in the first place?
I made up an adapter from an old broken controller for my flashdrive and used 'Xplorer360_extreme2' to inject the gamesave to my flashdrive on the pc then simply used the Ms Dashboard to tranfer it to the xbox hdd so I imagine it's just as simple as that then right? smile.gif

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 09:22:00 AM »

It should indeed be just as simple as that. From what I've read here It's getting it onto a Xbox compatible flash drive that seems to be the major problem particularly when using Action Replay.

Once the exploit/installer game saves are on the flash drive/memory card they will copy to the HDD, other memory devices or be tranferable between Xboxes just like most other game saves.

You used the far more recent Xplorer360 to get the files on the flash drive which is probably you've found the process relatively simple.

This post has been edited by fallenangle: Mar 13 2011, 04:29 PM

retromax

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 10:24:00 AM »

Yeah it was pretty simple and my flash drive is just some generic 1 gig thing that I also used to install FMCB onto my PS2.