xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Needed, Getting Error 13 Using Ude Exploit  (Read 25 times)

tygloalex

• Archived User
Help Needed, Getting Error 13 Using Ude Exploit
« on: June 16, 2004, 08:47:00 AM »

Hmm, I'll try to make this as short as possible, but it's a little long. My first xbox is hard modded. I put the mechassaultevox save on there, transferred to a memory card, then to my second xbox.  Loaded it up with Mechassault, got into evox, ftp'ed in and install Bert and Ernie. Was then told Bert and Ernie are risky of clock loops etc and there was a better way in UDE. Ftp'ed in again, change my necessary dash version files (i had 4034 and in order to do UDE you need 4920), deleted Bert and Ernie, installed Bert-ate-Ernie.

Now, on boot I get error 13. When there is a game in the drive, it boots to the game though. So, that's my dilemma, here's what I think the solutions could be. I just need to know which ones to do in order to not screw it up more than before.

-Reboot in with Mechassault save. The mechassault save is still on that hard drive. I can't get to the dash, but it's on there already. Run evox from the save, ftp in and correct my mistake.

-Use Slayer's Auto Disk 2.5 to upgrade my dash to 4920, effectively (i guess) destroying the Bert-ate-Ernie.xtf and reverting back to original dash, then retrying the Mechassault save.  This is assuming that a Slayer's disk would work. I"m not sure if I'm booting from evox now or not. If I'm not, obviously a Slayer's disk isn't signed, so it wouldn't run on a unmodded box. I put the Slayer on a CDR, and it didn't work, but I remember before I had to use a CDRW.

-Use an Xbox Live game to upgrade the dash (What would happen here? - and do I need an Xbox Live connection?) I read somewhere that all I had to do was plug in a cable into the box and make it think it was connected to something, and it would install the dash upgrade from the DVD, and not the actual internet connection.

-Hardmod it. This is assuming I screwed it up beyond belief.

-Unable to do anything to it. I should learn my lesson to let the big boys do the hard stuff and be happy I can still play games that are in the drive

Also, other stuff to note:
-I backed up the xbox hard drive when original
-I backed up the xbox hard drive with Bert and Ernie

Thank you to anyone who read this, and extra special thanks to anyone offering help. I know this is just words on a computer screen to you, but you do have my sincerest thank yous.