xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: How Is This Possible?  (Read 369 times)

BlazinKhan

• Archived User
How Is This Possible?
« on: May 07, 2004, 07:37:00 PM »

Alright, well I'm trying to do a HDD upgrade from stock to 80gb on a Xbox that I put an Exploit on.  I know my basic knowledge and I read the tutorial (http://www.xbox-scen...ip-hdd-swap.php) and I think I can handle it.  But, at step 2, I'm confused already  dry.gif ....

It says quote, "Step 2: Getting our xbox drive key
Using another tutorial, load evox up using the 007 gamesave exploit on your xbox.
It is important to not use any bios loaders, font hacks, sound hacks, or anything like this as we need a pure key generated for your xbox harddrive."

Now, in order for the exploit to work you have to have those 3 things on don't you?  So how can I obtain this 'pure key' when I've done the exploit.  Can someone help me please.

GeToChKn

• Archived User
How Is This Possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 08:33:00 PM »

Using a game save hack which loads the exploit in the retail game itself so it has not been modifed, no other bio's are loaded and no keys have been patched into memory.  I know ConfigMagic can get the key but I'm not sure if it follows the same rules.  Maybe someone can answer better for you.

ldots

• Archived User
How Is This Possible?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 01:50:00 AM »

You could use a game save exploit and evox to get your eeprom/hdd key.

If you allready have your xbox softmodded I recommend just uploading ConfigMagic and use this to get the hdd key and eeprom. I dont see why it should matter that you have used the font hack and PBL prior to running ConfigMagic. It just reads the eeprom data from the chip itself and uses this to calculate the hdd password.

BTW. For and easy way to make a working upgrade HD once you have the eeprom, check out xboxhdm (look at my sig).

BlazinKhan

• Archived User
How Is This Possible?
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 08:51:00 AM »

Alright thanks.  I'll use ConfigMagic and than I should be fine than right?  

I'll read this hdm stuff and hopefully it'll make everything easier smile.gif

BlazinKhan

• Archived User
How Is This Possible?
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 09:20:00 AM »

I read it over and all the other faqs and such with it.  It seems as though you can't use XBL if you do this.  I think my friend wants to play on XBL, but I'm not sure.  I don't think it'll even matter since he's upgrading his HD and they can detect that now.  Thanks for the help and if I need any further help with this process can you PM me your AIM and/or e-mail?  I've never done this before so I know I'll need help along the way.  Hope you can help me smile.gif

BlazinKhan

• Archived User
How Is This Possible?
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 09:29:00 AM »

Another question...

Could I just copy everything from his old HD and put onto new HD?  Would that be cloning?  Would it work?  How exactly do you clone?

dry.gif I know I'm asking a lot of questions, sorry, and thanks.

BlazinKhan

• Archived User
How Is This Possible?
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »

After reading your thing and downloading it... Do I basically just put my C and E in the folder provided in the xboxhdm than burn the CD and put it onto blank hd?

JBNinja99

• Archived User
How Is This Possible?
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 01:59:00 PM »

i upgraded my box using this tutorial: HD Upgrade i've done this w/ 5 or 6 softmodded boxes with no problems at all.

as far as live goes, i'm not sure about 3.0. there is a tut out to let live 2.0 run on a softmodded box, but i don't know if they cracked 3.0 yet.

ldots

• Archived User
How Is This Possible?
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 02:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (BlazinKhan @ May 8 2004, 10:07 PM)
After reading your thing and downloading it... Do I basically just put my C and E in the folder provided in the xboxhdm than burn the CD and put it onto blank hd?

You put your C and E there yes! Then run the make-iso-win.bat script, and burn the generated iso to CD. Boot with new HDD on primary master and type xboxhd. The rest should be easy...
You can also include your eeprom.bin on the CD and have it calculate the hdd password for the new HDD (get version 1.3). Then choose the option to make a floppy with locking/unlocking tools and lock the new HDD for your xbox.
Easiest way to upgrade a hdd in my opinion - you actually dont have to remove the old hdd from the xbox before the new one is ready for action  biggrin.gif

JBNinja99

• Archived User
How Is This Possible?
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2004, 03:39:00 PM »

ooo, not removing the old hd before the new one is ready...i like that. might try that tut on my next hd upgrade.

BlazinKhan

• Archived User
How Is This Possible?
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2004, 07:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (ldots @ May 8 2004, 11:54 PM)
You put your C and E there yes! Then run the make-iso-win.bat script, and burn the generated iso to CD. Boot with new HDD on primary master and type xboxhd. The rest should be easy...
You can also include your eeprom.bin on the CD and have it calculate the hdd password for the new HDD (get version 1.3). Then choose the option to make a floppy with locking/unlocking tools and lock the new HDD for your xbox.
Easiest way to upgrade a hdd in my opinion - you actually dont have to remove the old hdd from the xbox before the new one is ready for action  biggrin.gif

Alright... That's wicked.  So I don't have to even do that unlocking and locking business with my old HD.  That saves me a lot of time and effort, lol.  

After I burn CD and hook up hard drive, do I just put stuff from CD to the blank hard drive?  Or what exactly goes onto the blank hard drive after I have it connected?

I got my C and E onto the folder and my eeprom.bin in the other folder.  Thanks to everyone for helping.  I'm going to try this method first since it seems the easiest.  I'm still not sure what exactly I do after I got it connected (can someone respond ASAP, lol, I got it connected to my other computer and I'm kinda lost, the CD works and I got my blank HD connected)

Thanks again everyone !

BlazinKhan

• Archived User
How Is This Possible?
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2004, 07:33:00 PM »

Oh crap.. one important thing.. Did I have to put the backup folder in the thing that had to be burned??????????

BlazinKhan

• Archived User
How Is This Possible?
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2004, 09:58:00 PM »

Alright.. I tried to lock it, but than it's like you need a floppy to save or something.  Does this mean it didn't save when I tried to lock it?

Everything else went well, I think.. Everything got onto the blank HD I believe..

ldots

• Archived User
How Is This Possible?
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2004, 01:06:00 AM »

Would should just put your C-drive files in the C-folder of the linux-directory, same with E. Put eeprom.bin in eeprom folder (not the entire backup dir you get from evox). Then run make-iso-win.bat to make the iso.

Sounds like you allready ran the xboxhd tool and got you HDD build. The run hopefully ran the "HDD password generator" to get the unique password for your new HDD, and then locked it with this passwd. When you choose to run the locking tool from CD you will we warned that the log-files containing the passwords you used for locking will be gone after reboot (since the CD media is read-only). These log-files are usefull if you by accident used a wrong passwd. Therefore you have the option to insert a floppy to save these log-files. But it is optional...

BlazinKhan

• Archived User
How Is This Possible?
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2004, 09:12:00 AM »

Oh thanks, lol...Um, I didn't get a HDD key I had to enter one.. It was like please enter hdd key.. It's suppose to be 32 digits right?  I think I had 40 (I got it from the hddkey.txt after using backup)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4