xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sectember Xbox  (Read 277 times)

Agent Orange

• Archived User
Sectember Xbox
« on: December 12, 2003, 05:44:00 AM »

yes... if you have an xbl 2.0 dash it's not going to work.... you need 4920

loeth

• Archived User
Sectember Xbox
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 06:00:00 AM »

how do i find out which dash i have, and where can i find a backup of an old dash, couldnt find it at xbins...

i got a new box (MFG 2003-10-08 dunno if this means august or october, cause over here 10.08. would mean august...) installed new harddisk, and can boot evox via 007, dash and so on are original, when i try to install pbl i got a scrambled screen, epi seems to loop when accesing the box'x hdd (it says before backupping it could take quite some time, but i have no hdd acces on my pc, i let it run for about an hour, but nothing...)

ddaddy

• Archived User
Sectember Xbox
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2003, 04:07:00 PM »

I think there are a new breed of xbox doing the rounds from september onwards.

Its just pbl that doesnt work on them, you can install evox no problem, but when trying pbl it freezes after loading the bios.

No solution has been found yet sad.gif

angrypants

• Archived User
Sectember Xbox
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 09:37:00 PM »

looks like I got lucky I got one from 9/11/2003 and it worked like a charm. Well not exactly the pbl loading screen freaks out but after that its all good.

Piracy the Clown

• Archived User
Sectember Xbox
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 07:37:00 PM »

hey man i thought hope was lost too but IT WILL WORK ON ANY MANUFACTURED XBOX!!!

-Are you making sure the pbl default.xbe(linux.xbe) is signed?
If not sign it with the audio hack.Also,check your bios,And most importantly make sure you have the "correct" boot.cfg file!!!!! If ya need further help let me know.....

angrypants

• Archived User
Sectember Xbox
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2003, 04:06:00 PM »

it seems like a lot of the problems people are having involve messed up video out put and that sort of thing. Is this due to the focus chip or is it somthing compleatly diffrent?

scienide

• Archived User
Sectember Xbox
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2003, 09:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (ddaddy @ Dec 16 2003, 02:09 AM)
That is something completely different, that is easily fixed by using one of the latest bioses.
The latest problem, is that once pbl loads the bfm bios, it freezes.

This problem even occurs if you have pbl running in your 007/MA game save.

correct me if i am wrong...
but i understand this was only on some september xboxes... the october releases work again? Or is this done in all new version xboxes ??

i guess a tsop is a must now..
but if a tsop is done... is it possible then to load phoenix for a retail bios ?? for use of live ?

with kind regards, marco

ddaddy

• Archived User
Sectember Xbox
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2003, 02:51:00 PM »

but i understand this was only on some september xboxes... the october releases work again? Or is this done in all new version xboxes ??

It has been widely reported on september boxes, but i have heard about 1 or 2 october boxes being the same too. This could just be that the person doing the october ones was doing it wrong, or maybe there is a new version doing the rounds.

The reason some october versions work, could be that they where made in a different factory that isnt doing the upgraded boxes yet (Just speculation).

guess a tsop is a must now..
but if a tsop is done... is it possible then to load phoenix for a retail bios ?? for use of live ?

I havnt tried this, and havn't read of anyone that has.......YET!!

Give it a shot and post your results, i cant see it doing any harm as long as your flashed bios is setup to boot from DVD's so you can always remove pbl if it dont work.

I would try it myself, but have yet to venture into tsop flashing, i havnt even opened my xbox up yet, so dont think my first tsop flash should be a problematic one.

Thx

scienide

• Archived User
Sectember Xbox
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2003, 11:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (ddaddy @ Dec 17 2003, 12:51 AM)

It has been widely reported on september boxes, but i have heard about 1 or 2 october boxes being the same too. This could just be that the person doing the october ones was doing it wrong, or maybe there is a new version doing the rounds.

The reason some october versions work, could be that they where made in a different factory that isnt doing the upgraded boxes yet (Just speculation).

guess a tsop is a must now..

I havnt tried this, and havn't read of anyone that has.......YET!!

Give it a shot and post your results, i cant see it doing any harm as long as your flashed bios is setup to boot from DVD's so you can always remove pbl if it dont work.

I would try it myself, but have yet to venture into tsop flashing, i havnt even opened my xbox up yet, so dont think my first tsop flash should be a problematic one.

Thx

same problem here..

havent done a tsop yet... i am not that good in soldering.. but i saw that there are only a few points to solder and you can't do anything wrong if you tape the surrounding area...

scienide

• Archived User
Sectember Xbox
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2003, 11:27:00 AM »

QUOTE (ddaddy @ Dec 13 2003, 02:07 AM)
I think there are a new breed of xbox doing the rounds from september onwards.

Its just pbl that doesnt work on them, you can install evox no problem, but when trying pbl it freezes after loading the bios.

No solution has been found yet sad.gif

hmmmm....

got an xbox today with date 2003-11-10 kernel 5530

DAMNED .... no pheonix possible...

what now ?

ddaddy

• Archived User
Sectember Xbox
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2003, 03:22:00 PM »

I guess this is it then  mad.gif  a new version xbox

ddaddy

• Archived User
Sectember Xbox
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2003, 02:38:00 PM »

Can someone try bios 4979.67 bfm with pbl on a september xbox that doesnt work with pbl.

Someone posted they got one working with this bios only. When i tried one i used 4979.07 and dont have a september box here to try.

Cheers

BigTony

• Archived User
Sectember Xbox
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2003, 03:39:00 PM »

ddaddy I should be able to try tomorrow once I have all the bits. Once I do it I'll post my results up.

Jeremy1122

• Archived User
Sectember Xbox
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2003, 08:04:00 AM »

Add late August to the bunch.  Made 8/23, packed with Clone Wars and Tetris World.  Screen goes nuts after PBL, but evox works fine within 007.  Ugh.  Now I have to figure out how to do the audio hack instead and keep my fingers crossed that the box can do that (Don't want to flash.  Came with 2 months of Live, might as well try it)

ddaddy

• Archived User
Sectember Xbox
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2003, 09:14:00 AM »

Jeremy1122, that is a totally different problem which was resolved months ago. Try reading these forums before making your first post (and use a newer bios to sort the freaky screen)

Pages: [1] 2