xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Updating Evox Soft Mod  (Read 77 times)

matep_b

• Archived User
Updating Evox Soft Mod
« on: October 30, 2003, 10:52:00 PM »

trying to update evox, but don't have a drive that reads any of the media i can get a hold of.  can do the auf save game ftp thing, and thing do i copy the files over?  or do i have to use slayers auto installer.  also all i can find on the net and usual places is a bin file.  can't expand it or extract it.

please help

matep_b

• Archived User
Updating Evox Soft Mod
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 01:37:00 PM »

problem is the only files i have for the new evox is bins, cna't make a disc that i can get them off of or is there a way?

matep_b

• Archived User
Updating Evox Soft Mod
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 11:44:00 PM »

got it working used slayers 2.5 and just updated form the menus

problem solved

SpikeMage

• Archived User
Updating Evox Soft Mod
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2003, 12:23:00 AM »

QUOTE (Shadowmaster @ Nov 2 2003, 10:22 AM)
How can I install xbmp and all that other good stuff using slayers and game save exploit? I've looked around and havnet found anything. I have my xbox booting with gamesave exploit but i dont know how to add all the other apps and stuff. CAn someone please help out. Thanks

Read one of the tut's on how to ftp into it. After that it's pretty much just darg and drop.

stanneh

• Archived User
Updating Evox Soft Mod
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2003, 12:25:00 AM »

aye

Shadowmaster

• Archived User
Updating Evox Soft Mod
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2003, 12:35:00 AM »

Guys I'm mot trying to be stupid or anything. I just looked thru some pinned tutorials and I didnt see any that say how to install apps and make them work. Trust me I'm not lazy to go and read. I spent a week reading before i did the gamesave exploit and it paid off. Alot of good people on here providing help. Thanks to the big guys for taking the time and helping out.

stanneh

• Archived User
Updating Evox Soft Mod
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2003, 12:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (Shadowmaster @ Nov 2 2003, 10:35 AM)
Guys I'm mot trying to be stupid or anything. I just looked thru some pinned tutorials and I didnt see any that say how to install apps and make them work. Trust me I'm not lazy to go and read. I spent a week reading before i did the gamesave exploit and it paid off. Alot of good people on here providing help. Thanks to the big guys for taking the time and helping out.

honestly not trying to say your stupid or lazy but really now it is very very well documented if you cant find what you want in the tutorials try the dashboads part of the forums and i recomend you find evox for dummys im sorry i forget where i got it from but its a good streight forward guide.

Jesper64

• Archived User
Updating Evox Soft Mod
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2003, 04:50:00 AM »

try looking under the tutorials on the xbox scene homepage (not forum) under "evox"

There is definitely a guide to setting up the FTP there.

Then when you have you just have to copy over the apps into a directory, make sure your evox.ini is pointing at them and all should be peachy. But if you aren't using Phoenix Bios Loader you will probably need to sign the files, not to sure about that as I use PBL.

Shadowmaster

• Archived User
Updating Evox Soft Mod
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2003, 10:40:00 AM »

hey guys thanks for the help I was able to install one thing. Hey Jesper thanks buddy for that hint, that pointed me in the right direction for sure ;O)  My only problem now is that no matter where i get xbmp24 from and I ftp it wont work. One version keeps sending me back to evox and the other one just freezes. Have no idea, i read that there were problems with xbmp and evox. I guess i need to keep looking. But fellas trhanks for all of ur help.

Jesper64

• Archived User
Updating Evox Soft Mod
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2003, 05:41:00 PM »

Yeah there are some issues with xbmp and evox. Its an incompatibility between their FTP or something.

Try this, get the latest CVS builld (29/10/03) or the complex build 2.4.

Firstly try unplugging the network cable before you turn on your xbox, that may stop xbmp freezing, works for me.
Or once it has frozen try turning the xbox off then on again and loading xbmp. This also works for me.

Are you using crossover or a hub/switch to connect your computer and xbox together? If you are using crossover make sure you have set up the IP settings in the "config.xml" file in your xbmp directory.