xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Clock Loop Experiments And Possible Solutions  (Read 908 times)

break

• Archived User
Clock Loop Experiments And Possible Solutions
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2003, 06:41:00 AM »

This is weird, I tried the loopback cable, it didn't work till 10-20 minute.. So i tried a different method and it seem to work......

If you press eject, durring the boot screen when it say MS, if pressing the right time, the xbox load phenix 1.3.5i.... (without the loopback or network cable)

i tried like 10 time and it seem to work... weird... can someone try this too and see if it work.. also, make sure there are no cd or dvd in the drive....

by the way, my drive is 616t, and using pheonix 1.3.5.i.....

mattmre

• Archived User
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2003, 09:00:00 PM »

smile.gif

Frodis

• Archived User
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2003, 03:29:00 PM »

smile.gif

I was able to boot up and restore my hdd with Slayers.  

Easy as pie.

Frodis

scooby_dooby

• Archived User
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2003, 09:55:00 AM »

i think I might know why this isn't working on the older xbox's.

dashboard version! seems to me only the liveEnabled dashboards set the time through the network, i've had 2 xbox's both were always connected to my PC but the were always July 4th, it has never set the time. I'm thinkin it must be because I've never had a live enabled dashboard...

All the people that this didn't work for what dahboard(s) are you using? For the people it did work for, what Dashboard(s) are you using?

Lets figure something out for once, not just let another thread die cause a couple people coudn't figure something out and claim it doesn't work. I think there's enogh evidence here to show this in fact DOES work, we just need to figure out the specific set-ups required.

ddaddy

• Archived User
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2003, 02:54:00 PM »

smile.gif

All mine have had the latest live2 updates and the dashboard replaced with 4920.

I think it is very possible this could be the answer to why older xbox's dont work.

Please post your results people!!

Encrypted

• Archived User
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2003, 03:17:00 PM »

i recently had tried the cable trick and it worked. but i didn't have the live dashboard. then i poped in a game that updated my dash to the live enabled one and i also installed PBL 1.3 and now the wire trick doesn't work. my xbox has been looping for 2 days now. Also i was thinking of an idea. when u hex edit the xboxdash.xbe u have several instances in which u change .xtf to .xft. maybe there is one instance for the boot up and one instance for when it enters str8 through to the clock settings. because if u notice it shows a slight animation of when the clock setting will appear. and in normal boot up it shows nothing and just goes str8 to default.xbe... so i was thinking maybe by editing a specific instance of the .xft would allow only for the clock setting to load up.

scooby_dooby

• Archived User
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2003, 07:15:00 AM »

so you had everything running with the new PBL and Dash? and then you unplugged it?

or did it just loop after you installed the new software?

Encrypted

• Archived User
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2003, 08:27:00 AM »

I had everything running with the new dash and pbl. then forgot to plug it in one day and the next morning it was in a loop. still in a loop. i think im going to have to do the hotswap.

ddaddy

• Archived User
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2003, 10:56:00 AM »

Do you know what version dash it has??

ddaddy

• Archived User
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2003, 01:10:00 PM »

sad.gif

scooby_dooby

• Archived User
« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2003, 03:07:00 PM »

i'd like to see this confirmed by some others...

break

• Archived User
« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2003, 07:14:00 PM »

i'm using the old dashboard without live update yet..... it work within 10-20 minute..

anyone tryout the eject yet?? i swear it work for me everytime.....

EdGe7

• Archived User
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2003, 09:42:00 AM »

Well since using the exploit back in july... I have not had the clock loop problem much... just booted a couple times and always went in... since thanksgiving... the loop has been worse and excess of 20 times... this is very rare for me... so today it started to happen again... and the xbox was plugged into the power all night.

So I decided to give ddaddy's thingamobob a try... and for testing purposes after I jumped wires 1 and 3, 2 and 6... i just plugged it while it was booting... and it didnt work... so I powered it off and did a cold boot... and BAMMM!!!! the first boot did it...

So I can confirm that this fix does need a COLD BOOT.

I have a 1.3v xbox with PBL and Big Fonts booting to Evox...

ddaddy... thx for the cleverness of your idea... I have a frew friends that have 1.0v xbox's... and I have read it doesn't work too well with them, so I will test them out if I get a chance.

Great work.

EdGe7

scooby_dooby

• Archived User
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2003, 11:14:00 AM »

edge? could you test the 1.0 boxes with the original dash, as well as a live enabled dash?

philpw99

• Archived User
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2003, 08:51:00 PM »

biggrin.gif
Thanks everybody who contribute to this thread, especially ddaddy!!

It works in my box, didn't count how many times, just know less than 1 min. The box is 1.0. I bought it the second day MS release it. It has Live update by MechAssault. Dash 4920 I think.

However eject trick doesnt work.  sad.gif
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11