xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Aladdin Xt On 1.6  (Read 113 times)

chipxtreme

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt On 1.6
« on: October 08, 2004, 11:13:00 AM »

Just did my first 1.6 install. Installed the chip and rebuilt LPC as per diagram.

Booting with quick power or eject boots in normal MS dash mode. However, if I boot by holding down power, the power light turns amber as its supposed to, but I get nothing...no picture, no audio.

Do I need to cut the d0 point on the top of the board like i've seen mentioned elsewhere? I'm guessing not or else it would be in the XT diagrams.

Any ideas, i've tried a few chips and same thing on them all.

chipXtreme.

This post has been edited by chipxtreme: Oct 10 2004, 07:47 AM

chipxtreme

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt On 1.6
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 08:11:00 AM »

37 Views so far and not one response  mad.gif

Someone must know whats going on... Are these chips pre-flashed with a 1.6 compatable bios or what?  uhh.gif

chipXtreme

Creztor

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt On 1.6
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 11:23:00 AM »

Ok did you try soldering the X point on the chip and linking it to the D0 point on the modchip?  This is needed for some stubborn v1.6 machines apparently.

slikmik

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt On 1.6
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 12:08:00 AM »

im the same
tried bidging the xpoint as well
amber on front
but will only boot to ms dash sad.gif

Chancer

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt On 1.6
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 11:21:00 AM »

im the same
tried bidging the xpoint as well
amber on front
but will only boot to ms dash

You may not be at the same point as it reads as if when you boot you get video because you get the M$ dash. If so your chip is working and you need to install an alternative dash board
As for the no video problems. Make sure this chip has M8.16 on it and not just M8.

chipxtreme

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt On 1.6
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 09:16:00 AM »

I haven't tried flashing the bios on the chip. I know it comes with the M8 bios, but i'm beginning to think that its not the 1.6 compatable one. Anyway, i've ordered a programmer, so i'll find out real soon if thats the problem, and if so i'll be very  biggrin.gif

chipXtreme

aerofx

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt On 1.6
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 04:53:00 PM »

QUOTE (chipxtreme @ Oct 11 2004, 09:12 AM)
I haven't tried flashing the bios on the chip. I know it comes with the M8 bios, but i'm beginning to think that its not the 1.6 compatable one. Anyway, i've ordered a programmer, so i'll find out real soon if thats the problem, and if so i'll be very  biggrin.gif

chipXtreme

Programmer?  You mean the one for Aladdin Live?  I didn't know they work with Aladdin XTs.

PhReaK

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt On 1.6
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 06:29:00 AM »

having the same identical problem here... with a super aladdin live.. starting to think that bios is not the correct one.. let us know if that's the problem

antz1970

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt On 1.6
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004, 07:13:00 AM »

chipextreme.
i had exactly the same problem as you on my 1st v1.6 installation , the xbox mechanical noises to me sounded like it had booted up , the power light was amber , but black screen and no audio , i tried booting it about 4 or 5 times but no go (would boot to ms bios fine) , i left the room to come and do some reading in the forums , went back thru 20 mins later , tried it , AND IT WORKED!!!!!!!! , been working ever since , i even shook the box violently to see if it was a loose connection , but i aint had any problems since , dunno why i really posted this , it dont really help u in anyway , just thought id share my experience with ya  biggrin.gif

**edit**
the chip was a new aladdin advance v1 -1.6 , and i had flashed it with m8 1.6 , installed by pinheader , with lpc rebuild done from underneath

This post has been edited by antz1970: Oct 13 2004, 02:15 PM

radish28

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt On 1.6
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2004, 10:17:00 AM »

the EvoX M8 bios works fine on a 1.6 but apparently if u use it for too long it will kill it which is why you need to flash it with EvoX M8 1.6.

Chancer

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt On 1.6
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2004, 11:28:00 AM »

Its the other way round M8.16 can be used on a non 1.6 but may cause long term problems. M8 is not compatible with the version 1.6

tiltedscope

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt On 1.6
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2004, 11:08:00 PM »

I just ran into the same problem.
This website says that the Aladdin XT Pro can be flashed via cd-rom or dvd-rom. I have yet to find specific instructions for this flashing mode. Hope to find a tutorial soon. Would be cool to break-n my new DVD burner!
Someone let me know if they know of any tutorials on what software to use for creating a dvd or cd rom bios flash disc.

Thanks and good luck with your programmer.

jtilt

Chancer

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt On 1.6
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2004, 08:10:00 AM »

If the chip is preloaded with the cromwell bios you can indeed flash from a bios disc by simply burning a data disc to CDRW or DVD-R with a dummy file of around 100 to 200MB and a 256k bios named BIOS.BIN.
If the chip already ahs a hacked bios then you could use eurasia which utilises 2 discs. Instructions on this are with it or you could look at  the Eurasia web site.