xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Please Help Unlocking Drive  (Read 26 times)

Spree

• Archived User
Please Help Unlocking Drive
« on: September 16, 2003, 02:06:00 PM »

Ok this is what you do.  I did this myself so i know it works.  But it is difficult and will take numerous attempts.

1) set up your computer for unlockx like you had.
2) open the xbox and have the hardrive hooked up inside.  Disconnect the ide cable from the cd drive.
3) power up the xbox.  as soon as the glowing green ball gets ready to switch to the xbox logo disconnect the IDE cable from the harddrive.  Leave the power plugged in and on.
4) hook the hd to the ide cable on the computer and run unlockx.

Keep doing this until unlockx shows it's unlocked and lockable.

then lock it with the right friggin password.

darebel

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 02:43:00 PM »

dry.gif ,also,ur positive u got the password from ur xbox harddrive in live info rite? was it on physical drive 2/3? also,if u have a seagate,it will say st and then numbers.

Bastage

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 02:51:00 PM »

would I also have the computer on and have unlockx running? Because when I do that the computer won't see the drive when I swap it from the xbox to the pc. I am alittle confused on this as you can probably tell

Thanks

Bastage

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2003, 02:55:00 PM »

darebel
thanks for the idea about the boot disk in windows but I was booting with a cd rom disk so there is no chance it could put a document there with all the previous passwords.

Thanks for the idea

Spree

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2003, 04:55:00 PM »

You have to disconnect your pc hd and boot with a dos boot floppy and then after dos boots put your floppy with unlockx in and just but unlockx at the a: prompt but don't hit enter.  Don't hit enter until you connect the ide to the xbox hd.

Bastage

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2003, 07:19:00 PM »

I see I didn't understand that part, zi will try this when I get off work and post if I got it to work.

Thanks again

ThErApIsT

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2003, 08:41:00 AM »

open ur xbox,open ur pc,put xbox close to pc for easyness.....Now.I dunno about other bioses,but in AMERICAN MEGATRENDS bioses u can tell if u did it right or not(just because it detects it does NOT mean its unlocked)...so if u got itll say dma mode 5,if not its mode 2.well thats how i did it and both times it was 5 it worked...basically you turn on the xbox,LISTEN to the hard drive,once it stops spinning at 100mph(slows down a lil)unplug the ide from xbox hd and plug into pcs Secondary IDE and make sure nothing else is on that ide....thats all.later

arez

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2003, 08:50:00 AM »

tongue.gif

mjar81

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2003, 11:23:00 AM »

smile.gif

jester.gif