xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Aladdin Vs Xecuter  (Read 52 times)

duh

• Archived User
Aladdin Vs Xecuter
« on: August 08, 2004, 04:02:00 AM »

Trying to decide if I should spend the extra money on an Xecuter chip or get an aladdin chip. After looking at the specs of both chips the both seem to do the same things. What is the major differnece. Can you flash the Aladdin chip once it is installed or do you need a programmer?

Thanks

blueyben

• Archived User
Aladdin Vs Xecuter
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 05:34:00 AM »

Hey there

i have installed both quite a few times - the only difference i have noted is that the executers seem more reliable as they have had 100% strike rate while the aladdins can be slightly temperamental, although i cannot really complain as i have only ever had problems with one.

To answer your question, the aladdins are re-flashable although you cannot do it with evox you must use a program called xflash or eurasia.

Hope that helps

Cheers
B

jebjeb

• Archived User
Aladdin Vs Xecuter
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 10:19:00 AM »

i love aladdins i use the clones from robotpig
and they work great over 100 done and 1 has come back
and they flash under evox just fine
i dont know why people say that cant i ahve heard it several times but i have not had a single problem

and robotpig is great i am about to order 100 more i think
they also have ones that you can add a lcd to

Chancer

• Archived User
Aladdin Vs Xecuter
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »

and they flash under evox just fine

Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. have a search on the posts and see the moans from the guys with problems.
Maybe the flash under evox will work fine, problem is if it doesn't you are stuffed Eurasia is real good and XFlash V2 si also more stable with aladdins than evox.
Real secret is not to flash the mod just for the sake of it.
If you are comparing chips the wrong question to ask is if you can flash it once its installed, you need to look at what it does that you need and more importantly if you can install it easy enough with the skills you have available. Loads of good chips out there so its a personal thing and the comparison between chips needs to be based on alevel playing field costwise and feature wise.