xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Could This Fix The Clock Loop?  (Read 26 times)

pholly

• Archived User
Could This Fix The Clock Loop?
« on: July 15, 2003, 12:59:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

Wooger

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 09:15:00 PM »

I dunno... it might...

Though I have ran into the clock issue on almost every box that I have worked on after each box has been unplug'd for an extended amount of time.  I have heard people say that the endless loop never ends and you screwed.  So far on all 3 box's.  (a ver 1.0 a ver 1.1 and a ver 1.2) if it begins to loop all I have had to do is put the 007 game in the drive and after a period of time the game will boot.  After that the box is fine.  

Keep in mind I have had it boot as quickly as 4 reboots and as long as about 2 hours later.   It will come out of the loop if you have a real xbox game in the drive.  Just give it time.  Then never unplug the unit again LOL.

Wooger

Mad_Gouki

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2003, 11:18:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

Wooger

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2003, 06:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (Mad_Gouki @ Jul 16 2003, 08:18 AM)
you mean get bert and ernie reloaded, biggrin.gif

Well I have noticed the endless boot problem occurs in two ways:

Way 1:  
Wrong Fonts installed to the kernel of the XBox you have.
(This can be fixed by putting the 007 game into the drive.  Waiting for the game to boot [Seems to only take like 4 or 5 automatic reboots of the xbox] and then executing the save game.  FTP into the xbox and replace the fonts with the proper fonts)

Way 2:
Clock looses its time.
(This can be fixed by putting a xbox game in the xbox and waiting for it to boot. When this happens it seems to take an EXTREMELY long amount of time for the game to boot.  The xbox will reboot itself many many times.  Just be patient.  Sit back and watch a movie or take a nap something.  Once the game boots the clock is set to some odd time and then the xbox will begin to boot normally again until unplugged.)

Wooger

XBox_Master_King4469

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2003, 05:11:00 PM »

is that why the xbox restarts itself over and over? how can you fix this? is it in the evox.ini? if so what should i edit?...

JumpToMsDash   = No
JumpIfNoLink   = Yes
Use24      = Yes
SwapDate   = No
SNTP_Server   = 216.244.192.3

pholly

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2003, 05:55:00 PM »

I don't know if you should change anything, i noticed it so i asked about it first in case someone else had tried it already.

Wooger

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2003, 06:11:00 PM »

You could use the hard disk swap method yes.... reseting your hard drive back to the original state so the xbox would boot like it was new.

I don't know if I would recommend doing this... yanking the cable away from a hard drive?  Would you do this to your pc?

Wooger

XBox_Master_King4469

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2003, 06:39:00 PM »

smile.gif

vintage_guitar

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2003, 08:50:00 PM »

I'm still having the problem, does ANYBODY have any other suggestions?

Mad_Gouki

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2003, 12:46:00 AM »

sheyatt...
i took my xbox to my moms and im getting the clock loop now...
i mashed a bunch of buttons randomly and it started up earlier today, and i turned it off for a couple hours and went to play it later and it was still booting to the clock and looping...

i read taht if yo uplug your xbox up to a pc via ethernet it will slow down the clock long enough for bert and ernie reloaded to set it...

im guessing the only way we can fix the clock problem is to slow down the reboot long enough for bert and ernie reloaded to boot...
and im guessing the reason it takes hours to do is because the xbox cant get hot enough to slow down long enough untill it has been on for a few hours

i was thinking, and all i could come up with was maybe we should modify the audo exploit so that it runs evox from it with the simple push of like 2 buttons and then we can set the clcok and have the ms dash, set our clocks, and still have evox...
and we can still use our evox files that have been signed with font

sith

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2003, 02:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (XBox_Master_King4469 @ Jul 17 2003, 03:39 AM)
heres a idea, stick in a dvd movie or a music cd or a playstation 2 game (YES PS2!) or gamecube game (YES GC!) so it will try to fix itself, on the evox screen, FTP and update to burt and ernie reloaded smile.gif

nothing but comedy.

.sith.