xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hdd Error Code 13  (Read 39 times)

macgyvr64

• Archived User
Hdd Error Code 13
« on: February 26, 2006, 05:12:00 PM »

It could just be that one of the programs you installed overwrote the xboxdash.xbe Dashboard.  If you boot an EvoX CD, you can FTP in and fix whatever problems exist on C:\.

123GO

• Archived User
Hdd Error Code 13
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 10:21:00 PM »

Thanks, thats what I thought I may have to do, but when I put my Evox CD in I still get the same error, it seems to boot from the HDD first by default? Any idea how can I get my machine to boot from the CD first?

macgyvr64

• Archived User
Hdd Error Code 13
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 10:33:00 PM »

Once the error is onscreen, you're not going anywhere with that boot.  To get the disc to boot without hitting the hard drive first, power the unit on, open the DVD tray, and drop in the EvoX disc.  It doesn't matter yet if it fails with error 13 or not.  Just close the tray with the disc in and power off completely.  Power on again, but using the power button (not the eject button) and the Xbox will detect the presence of a disc and load that first, without checking the hard drive contents.  EvoX should boot and you can then FTP in and see what's going on in C:.

bammer85

• Archived User
Hdd Error Code 13
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 10:58:00 AM »

this shit was a nightmare for me man. I was in the proccess, and I kept getting the errors too, and it wouldn't unlock my drive. So my drive desides to give up all hope. It sparked, then smoked. Then it didn't turn on again after that haha. So now I have to get a new HDD. Luckily I have the xboxhdm huh?

crackfeen

• Archived User
Hdd Error Code 13
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 11:11:00 AM »

you fried the 400GB harddrive?!!?! oh god.. take i t back get a  new one...  for the love of god don't let that go to waste.. if you wanna throw it out i'll gladly take it off your hands i'll pay shipping and handling and everything biggrin.gif

123GO

• Archived User
Hdd Error Code 13
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »

Ok cheers guys I'll give a few of those suggestions a go and see how I get on... or else see what else I can wreck in the process  laugh.gif

123GO

• Archived User
Hdd Error Code 13
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 05:32:00 PM »

Ok, cheers, I'll give a few of those suggestions a go and see how I get on... or else see what else I can wreck in the process  laugh.gif

macgyvr64

• Archived User
Hdd Error Code 13
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 08:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(123GO @ Mar 1 2006, 12:39 AM) View Post

Ok, cheers, I'll give a few of those suggestions a go and see how I get on... or else see what else I can wreck in the process  laugh.gif

Best way to learn.