xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Alternate D0  (Read 122 times)

Min

• Archived User
Alternate D0
« on: June 15, 2003, 08:50:00 AM »

Just got me green le xbox open and i got a prob ,cant seem to find the alternate d0 , i'm using these diagrams here http://www.xbox-scene.com/modchips/x-ecute...e_diagrams.html ,yet i can't seem to find it.I looke near the lpc holes and i think ive found it but the problem is the pic has 9 solder blobs in a row and the 6 one is the alternate d0,yet the when i look where i think it should be mine only has 7 solder blobs in a row ?.So do i still just use the 6th one or is there another diagram with 7 points there?

Also ive checked everything and it aint a v1.3

Here is the details

Green le xbox
30905 serial
Samsung dvd drive
Made in china

The last digits on the motherboard are also 30xx.

Can i not use the the alternate d0 on a green one?

Please help quick xbox is open now :(.

Also just looked and the nvdia chip says Mcpx X3 and is made is korea ,which i think is a 1.3 chip but the serial on the main board and the xbox are 1.2?

Also the silver sticker on the bottem made a checkered pattern when pulled off which i hear is 1.3 ,yet everywhere says 1.3 is only march and all the green one's are 1.2.Yet i've got a green one sitting here made in feb ,with 1.2 serials and a 1.3 board i think ?
I have the numbers that were on the chip above the topside d0 which i think is the bios chip if you need them?

I'm confused :(.

This post has been edited by Min: Jun 15 2003, 06:15 PM

dzv

• Archived User
Alternate D0
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2003, 11:59:00 AM »

If yours is in fact a v1.2, then the alternate D0 is in pretty much the same place as in the pic.  Just count the number of pads from the other end.  ie. You count it as pad 6, but instead count from the other end and it is pad 4.

[EDIT] I used the alternate D0 for my Green LE, manufactured in Feb, serial number ending in 30805.   I don't even know if there were 7 or 9 points in a row, but I have always counted the alt D0 as pad 4, and it worked first time for me.

This post has been edited by dzv: Jun 15 2003, 07:02 PM

Min

• Archived User
Alternate D0
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2003, 12:41:00 PM »

Thats the prob i only have 7 ,so even counting from the other end it dont match ,if i count four from the other end on my board ,i'll end up on pad 3 sad.gif on them digrams instead of  6th or 4th one along depending which way you count .

dzv

• Archived User
Alternate D0
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2003, 12:54:00 PM »

Yup, that's exactly right.  It's the 4th pad starting from the top right in the pic.

Min

• Archived User
Alternate D0
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2003, 02:10:00 PM »

Thats what i mean ,my  board does not match that picture i only have 7 solder blobs not 9.So on that picture if you count 4 along from the right you end up on D0,but on mine if you count 4 along because ive only got 7 blobs you will be where pad 4 is counting from left to right ,which aint the d0.

See look here

http://www.min4.netf...om/xs-dia03.JPG

My board is missing the 2 points with the grey line through, so if i count four along from the right i end up on the point where the black line is  which aint d0.

see so now i dont know if i have a 1.3 or 1.2 and can't even stick the d0 on as the board is different sad.gif.

Min

• Archived User
Alternate D0
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2003, 04:15:00 PM »

Posted at teamxecuter forums under name snowman as min was taken and someone else replied same situation green xbox with 7 points on the bottem instead of 9 ,checkered sticker and it justs flashes red and green with the chip enabled.See here

http://www.teamxecuter.net/forums/showthre...p?threadid=4211

So it would appear there 1.3's ,but i thought you can't have a 1.3 unless it was made in march or was that info wrong.

Any help much appreciated cos i don't want to go soldering in my box and it dont work ?

This post has been edited by Min: Jun 15 2003, 11:31 PM

dzv

• Archived User
Alternate D0
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2003, 09:02:00 PM »

OK, I misunderstood you before, sorry.  Anyway, I've opened up my Green LE 'box (See what you made me do? smile.gif ) and had a look at the alt D0.  It turns out mine is slightly different from the pic, but also slightly different from yours.  Mine has 8 pads.  I've indicated my missing pad in the pic below.  It seems you probably do have a v1.3 Xbox.

user posted image