xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X-elixis Review  (Read 196 times)

Scan-C

• Archived User
X-elixis Review
« on: May 02, 2003, 08:04:00 AM »

nasis X. sent me a free sample of the X-Elixis Basic kit for testing.Read and decide for yourself.

What was in the package:
-A X-Elixis Basic kit
-X-Programmer with pin header,wire and a jumper
-Lusifer Mod for PS2 (This is not in the X-Elixis Basic package.It's just for me to test.)

The first part of the mod is something like an adapter for other devices.It's installed the X1 way.The installation was pretty hard.I screwed the fexible PCB to the Xbox Mainboard and began the installation.The PCB always lifted and i had to push it down.After some burned fingers (the PCB gets damn hot) it was installed but not good enough to fit my needs so I added some solder.On my V1.0 machine the install is possible without using extra solder but on a V1.1 or V1.2 you have to fill the holes first.
The next step was the D0 cable.I used the topside D0 and soldered the wire to the adapter.Again I had to add some solder on the adapter.
I plugged the X-Elixis in and started my reassembled Xbox.The Xbox booted with a EvoX d.6 Colormod BIOS.This defeats the purpose of a legal chip.I flashed my custom made X2 4976.02 BIOS on the chip in under 10 seconds.This was really impressing but I think this depends on the 256 kb where other chips have 1 MB to flash.
So my Xbox was set and a red LED on the X-Elixis showed me that the chip is used.
Next thing I wanted to try out was the X-Programmer.It has 2 sides.A black one for X1,X2 Lite,X2 Pro and Cheapmods (couldn't test the X1).The other side is red and used for Matrix,Chameleon and X-Elixis which made me wonder.Why would I need a programmer for a chip that is Plug & Play once the adapter is installed?
On the X-Programmer I had to solder a pin header and a jumper.There was a wire included but i don't know for what it is used.The connector of the wire is to small to fit anywhere.First I thought it is for the X2 but it doesn't fit anywhere on the chip.For what is this nasis?
The pins of the header are to long if you plug it in the adapter.The pins are touching some of the electrical parts inside the Xbox so I had to cut them down.
The Programmer worked with Cheapmods but it is only useful if you installed the adapter on the board.If you already have a pin header on your Xbox Mainboard this will do the same thing.

My opinion is that this chip is good if you get it for free.If you want to buy it,better get a pre-flashed cheapmod.There's no explanation in how to install a switch for Xbox Live.You can put it on the D0 to GND line but even on GRMods.com it wasn't explained (should be added).For now I'll let it in there and switch between this and my 2 BIOS TSOP.Let's see what the future brings but this isn't the chip you should buy if you want to spend 50 bucks.

nasis x.

• Archived User
X-elixis Review
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 10:12:00 AM »

Thanks Scan-C for the review!

About the EvoX bios inside,
it happened, because it was a sample.

You are welcome to join Xbox Hacking Live,
and with X-Programmer to help us develope the next Plug-In.

I guess that I have to finish the support site,
for betta testers support,
cause samples reached to soon and I haven't got the time to finish the site,
with more than 20 modchips support...

Thanks again, and I am glad that you finally installed it succesfully!

Edit: I forgot to mention that the extra wire will be used with Xtension Switch...

This post has been edited by nasis x.: May 2 2003, 05:15 PM

Scan-C

• Archived User
X-elixis Review
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 10:17:00 AM »

ok then my review about the programmer is not complete and i'll wait until the supportpage is up.

Ubergeek

• Archived User
X-elixis Review
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2003, 10:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (Scan-C @ May 2 2003, 03:53 PM)

My opinion is that this chip is good if you get it for free.

This says it all lol smile.gif

nasis x.

• Archived User
X-elixis Review
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2003, 01:42:00 PM »

Please visit another review also at Xbox-Info site from an experienced installer,
and also the support site is ready

Check out All modchips compatibility,
for total Xbox Hacking!