xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is This Illegal?  (Read 148 times)

MonsterTy

• Archived User
Is This Illegal?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2006, 04:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(krayzie @ Feb 12 2006, 01:27 AM) View Post

I've allways charged 15 Eur. And I never saw anyone cheaper in my country. Most of them charge like 25 or even more for a softmod. I my believe it just doesn't feel right for a 5 minute job to charge such money. especially when you use some installer which someone else created.
In my experience charging not much get you more customers and people will get you even more customers when they mention you to friends family and such.

That's a bargain price to have your XBox console modded by the infamous Krayzie!   ohmy.gif
- Sounds like you may need to impliment a royalty fee when someone uses one of your installers for commercial use.  LOL!

.:Dino:.

• Archived User
Is This Illegal?
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2006, 04:49:00 AM »

this thread should be closed before it gets out of hand
as far as i see it, by advertising and selling modifications to xbox' which involve the use of xdk material, you are endorsing piracy and that should not be discussed on xbox-scene.

alexpb1

• Archived User
Is This Illegal?
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2006, 05:06:00 AM »

So i guess by advertising and selling modded xboxs in the xbox sell/trade forum is wrong and the entire forum should be removed too?

ItchyB

• Archived User
Is This Illegal?
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2006, 05:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(.:Dino:. @ Feb 12 2006, 10:26 PM) View Post

this thread should be closed before it gets out of hand
as far as i see it, by advertising and selling modifications to xbox' which involve the use of xdk material, you are endorsing piracy and that should not be discussed on xbox-scene.

If the use of apps that are developed by the scene is Piracy this site would cease to function. The only thing illegal is the use of the xdk to compile and that could probably be argued in court. Ripping off games which developers have created is awhole different issue.

Xombe

• Archived User
Is This Illegal?
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2006, 05:39:00 AM »

/ beating of dead horse

Follow our rules here, use your head in the real world (I'd hope to think you obey FAR more laws than you might break in your life, however), and leave the debates for the lawyers and the bars (no pun intended).
Pages: 1 [2]