xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Upgrading Xbox Processor  (Read 42 times)

br0w

• Archived User
Upgrading Xbox Processor
« on: September 07, 2005, 10:29:00 AM »

it has been done, but it is extremely hard to do, and you generally get no use out of it unless its linux. dont bother with it.

EverestX

• Archived User
Upgrading Xbox Processor
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 11:14:00 AM »

"y isnt it work it wont it work like a puter and make it faster even if its modded with a 200 gig hard drive"

Becasue if you look at the dream x they put the new chip in then. only use every other clock cycle it's like a rediculously small gain for alot of bull.  Sure it might run better but it's jsut like overclocking a dc, only dc got more use out of it.

Edit: Your english is horrible, you have to be an 8 year old kid, or you dont speak english very well.  Either way, hope that answers your question.

.:Dino:.

• Archived User
Upgrading Xbox Processor
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 02:30:00 PM »

the xbox was built so that its functions utilize its existing limitations such as 64mb ram, 733mhz processor. Although these can be upgraded, the average xbox will not fully use these addons, they are mostly used for development and testing and are generally unused in the scene. Upgrading the processor also has side affects on gameplay i believe, however ram upgrades are more common as they are useful for emulation.

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
Upgrading Xbox Processor
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 04:27:00 PM »

i would just leave it alone if i was you
m$ designed it to run it with a 733 and theres no problems with that