xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Action Replay  (Read 191 times)

SkaKid

• Archived User
Action Replay
« on: September 05, 2005, 03:21:00 PM »

Greetings all,
   I want to softmod my XBox but I can't seem to get my Action Replay working, I didn't buy it I tried making it myself.  I plug it in and Windows (Windows XP Pro) tells me that new hardware has been found, then I follow the auto-installation process but it tells me it can't find the correct application.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Could you please help?

festus235

• Archived User
Action Replay
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 03:44:00 PM »

well does your xbox read the card? what is the website u got it of from the plans at least

vingasoline

• Archived User
Action Replay
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 03:46:00 PM »

when you do finally get it working, click on the link in my signature, before you softmod.

festus235

• Archived User
Action Replay
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 03:46:00 PM »

the reason i ask is cause im like u donnt want to send money. i made one and my pc says new harware found but says unknow hardware

SkaKid

• Archived User
Action Replay
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 04:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(festus235 @ Sep 6 2005, 12:55 AM)
well does your xbox read the card? what is the website u got it of from the plans at least

I'm not quite sure what "card" you're referring to.  I made me USB from this website:  http://xboxsoftmods.com/main/?page_id=49 .

SkaKid

• Archived User
Action Replay
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 04:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(vingasoline @ Sep 6 2005, 12:57 AM)
when you do finally get it working, click on the link in my signature, before you softmod.

Thank you, I hope I do get it working!

Textbook

• Archived User
Action Replay
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »

Okay, here is what you need to do.

1.  Make your xbox controller usb compatible by checking out <<THIS TUTORIAL>>

2.  Get the XBCD Drivers <<HERE>>

3.  Install the XBCD drivers (run the exe) and then plug in your controller without the memory card

4.  Don't plug in the memory card yet.  Just plug in the controller and add the XBCD Xbox Gamepad to the list of your hardware devices (new hardware installed, install drivers automatically)

5.  When it says, new hardware installed properly, you're almost good to go.

6.  Download the Action Replay software <<HERE>>

7.  Install Action Replay

8.  Plug in your xbox controller and plug in the memory card

9.  The memory card will be noticed as a new hardware device and then install the dirvers automatically

10.  Done!

^^^Is that clear enough for you?^^^  B)

This post has been edited by Textbook: Sep 5 2005, 11:08 PM

SkaKid

• Archived User
Action Replay
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 04:15:00 PM »

Thanks Textbook.  I really thought that would work, but I just plugged in my XBox controller and it said the USB malfunctioned or wasn't working or something along those lines.  Was I supposed to plug the controller into the Xbox?  That's when the message came up, everything before that seemed to go fine.

SkaKid

• Archived User
Action Replay
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 05:11:00 PM »

I was confused.  Now I follow it, BUT, I can't get step 4.  Nothing shows up with new hardware installed.

SkaKid

• Archived User
Action Replay
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 05:37:00 PM »

It says "USB failed to enumerate".  What does that mean?

Textbook

• Archived User
Action Replay
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2005, 09:26:00 PM »

Uhhh, ???   :blink:  :uhh:  :blink:

Hmmmm, wish I knew what was wrong.  If the XBCD drivers aren't working, try going to Control Panel, Add / Remove Programs and uninstall XBCD 1.07.  Also uninstall any Action Replay software you have.  Just start over, maybe something went wrong.  Also, when you start over, it will remove any corrupt drivers and then you can try again.  Remember to do it step by step or it won't work.

SkaKid

• Archived User
Action Replay
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2005, 10:42:00 AM »

I did it again and it still fails to enumerate.  I wonder if it is a problem in the wiring?  I'll take it apart and do it again, now that I know how to do it I won't take so long as the first attempts.  I hope this works.

SkaKid

• Archived User
Action Replay
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2005, 11:13:00 AM »

AHHH!  I had it going, probably three seconds, maybe four, and I could see the save game I have on my memory card so I know it was really working.  THEN... all of a sudden... It MALFUNCTIONED!  What is happening!?  Does anyone know what may be wrong?

SkaKid

• Archived User
Action Replay
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2005, 11:15:00 AM »

Maybe it was the save game I had, it seems to be working now, I HOPE IT KEEPS WORKING!

tommywomble

• Archived User
Action Replay
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 12:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Textbook @ Sep 6 2005, 12:17 AM)
Okay, here is what you need to do.

1.  Make your xbox controller usb compatible by checking out <<THIS TUTORIAL>>

2.  Get the XBCD Drivers <<HERE>>

3.  Install the XBCD drivers (run the exe) and then plug in your controller without the memory card

4.  Don't plug in the memory card yet.  Just plug in the controller and add the XBCD Xbox Gamepad to the list of your hardware devices (new hardware installed, install drivers automatically)

5.  When it says, new hardware installed properly, you're almost good to go.

6.  Download the Action Replay software <<HERE>>

7.  Install Action Replay

8.  Plug in your xbox controller and plug in the memory card

9.  The memory card will be noticed as a new hardware device and then install the dirvers automatically

10.  Done!

^^^Is that clear enough for you?^^^  B)

ok i followed ur tutorial and trhe AR sign at the top of action replay blinks on and off 3 times its like the control and the memory card are totally separated because when i plug in the control it says xbcd xbox gamepad or sumthin like that but then i put the memory card into the control and it just asks to install some more drivers? ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3