xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Modded Xbox Says Error On F Drive  (Read 171 times)

darkninjalo

• Archived User
Modded Xbox Says Error On F Drive
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2005, 01:42:00 AM »

sad.gif
I hope there is no special things I have to do, I only have the opportunity to help people a couple of days out of the week, this forum is like an addiction and a learning experience...

beerchug.gif

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2005, 01:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(darkninjalo @ Jul 10 2005, 09:53 AM)
this forum is like an addiction and a learning experience...

MonsterTy

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2005, 01:45:00 AM »

blink.gif

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2005, 01:48:00 AM »

tongue.gif

--DANNY--

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2005, 05:20:00 AM »

Games take up on average, anywhere from 1 to 4 gb of space on your Hard Drive. With the stock Hard Drive you have, you will only be able to fit about a 2 gb game on your E:\ partition, and about a 2 gb game on your F:\ partition.
So in your case, a larger Hard Drive is highly needed.
Here's a link to a 160 gb Hard Drive from Outpost.com. It's $100 with free same day shipping, and it comes with a $60 mail-in-rebate if you purchase it on or before July 14th.
I myself ordered 2 of them!
Thanks to xboxbox451 for finding and posting this great deal in this thread.

Just trying to help you out.

I would suggest going back to the store and having a chat with the manager. If he wont give you at least $100 back, then tell him that he was selling an illegally moddified xbox console with games preloaded on the HardDrive illegally. And you just wouldn't feel right if you didn't report it to the authorities. Or you can just deal with the fact that you got ripped off completely and was lied to...

Also... is there any way you can take pics of your case? And also take apart the case and take pics of underneath the DVD Drive, so we can see what type of ModChip you have? You can find tutorials on how to disassemble your xbox here.
Well... now that I think about it... if you can see into your case, then you might be able to get a picture of the chip or the lack of a chip if it's softmodded, by taking pictures of underneath the DVD Drive from the outside of the case...
The main reason I think this is necessary is because you mentioned that the case is blue and somewhat see-through. It is highly unlikely, but still possible that your case is either a Halo2 or a Kasumi case... in which case you would be lucky to have one, or it could be a cheap immitation plastic case. You may have been ripped off more or less depending on what type of chip you have, or if you don' have one at all...

I hope you get all this mess straightened out! I feel sorry for ya man...
-Danny

El Kabong

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2005, 11:54:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

tbone6

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2005, 12:51:00 AM »

Yes you got a bad deal.  That is a stock 8g hd with a $25? chip maybe, and a cheap 3rd party clear case.

--DANNY--

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2005, 02:17:00 AM »

Ya you could get a refurbished/used xbox for $115, a Duox2 for $15, a 3rd party clear case for $30, and then I'd say $30 (MAX) for installation of everything.
That means you should have paid no more than $190 for your xbox.
And they sold it to you with a game on the hard drive already which is illegal unless they give you the retail game disc too. Oh, and yes that is a stock hard drive (either 8 or 10 gb).

So yes... DEFINATELY go back and get yourself back at least $100, and maybe even $150 for putting you through the touble, and the risk of you getting a gigantic fine and possibly jail time for having illegal copies of games on the hard drive. And not to mention that it was falsley advertised as having a $100 gb hard drive.

As for who you would report him to (although you shoud avoid this at all costs this way you could keep the xbox and get the $100 without going to court and ish), I'm not quite sure...
Does anyone else have any input on who one would contact to report piracy abuse and the other details of his current situation?

But search around for a page you could print out to show the manager as proof of what he has sold is illegal and an offender can be fined up to $250,000 and/or up to 5 years in jail (or whatever the correct punishment is).
And when you talk to him, sound like you are a trustworthy source for this information, and that you know what you are taking about, like you have done your research. So don't say "Hey, I bought this and uh... I found out that you ripped me off and I guess that selling it with the games on the hard drive is illegal or something like that...".
Find out all the details first so that if he has any questions, you know the answer.

Again, I hope you get all of this straightened out,
-Danny

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2005, 02:32:00 AM »

El Kabong, can we assume from your personal info that you're in the U.S.?

If so, it'll be pretty easy to get offical documentation regarding piracy in this matter. The DMCA is clear enough (at least in this case), and the FBI handles federal offenses.  

That's a pretty big scare-factor I'd say, though in reality, unless he's a large scale pirater he's more likely to not attract prosecution. You could still walk up on him calm and cool, armed with the phone and fax numbers of your local FBI branch office (having contact them and inquired the name of whom you should report piracy tips to), and the standard FBI IPR infringment statement:

"Warning: The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to 5 years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000."

U.S. Copyright Office on Copyright and Backup Selling

MonsterTy

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2005, 08:08:00 AM »

^

Now that's how you lay the smack down!

MonsterTy

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2005, 02:26:00 PM »

I don't see why not.  That way there is no confusion about the XBox in question.  BTW, just so you are aware (and I know most of it was pointed out in previous posts), but that is like a $25 case and maybe a $15 chip.  That sure as hell doesn't equal out to no $300.

--DANNY--

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2005, 05:33:00 PM »

And there's the fact that they had falsley advertised it as having a 100 gb hd.
Also they were selling it with Halo illegally on the hard drive.

My guess is that you may either get $100 back. Or you will have to get an entire refund and give them back the xbox. In which case we here on the forums can help guide you through buying the cheapest possible xbox and modding it to get exactly what you wanted in the first place. All for much less than $300.
Pages: 1 2 [3]