xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Kind Of Screwed Up Here....  (Read 63 times)

aykfc

• Archived User
Kind Of Screwed Up Here....
« on: May 02, 2005, 04:53:00 PM »

Ok, well I backed up my C drive and I had to delete a part of it to make room for a game to be put on my hard drive. I accidently deleted one of the files i needed to recover. Well, I recovered it and the dashboard wont boot up but the game will. I am getting my xbox modded on saturday hopefully, but I would rather get my xbox to work with the mod in, so it was unplugged. Now, it just gets the error 16 message which means there is no dashboard. I am assuming since it was unplugged it is booting up to the clock, which there isnt so I get that message. Even when I booted up into the game, I couldnt install linux because it wasnt there. Now, is there anyways I can skip resetting the clock, or start it up without it loading? If not its fine, I can wait but id like to have it this way. Also, I have a xenium SPice, and on the holes on the motherboard it looks like the green stuff on where the wires go into is like over them. I kind of scratched the stuff away with a sewing needle but still. My xenium just frags when I start it. All 5 lights are on, yes. Any advise on clearing away those things? And, those things you put into the LPC ports, forget what they are called. Do they help? I put the ones I have in, but some are damaged though. Thank you for your help.

KyesaRRi

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 05:26:00 PM »

And, those things you put into the LPC ports, forget what they are called. Do they help? I put the ones I have in, but some are damaged though.

Those points, they should not be damaged. That would be one of the problems. Have you done the D0 point?. Sounds like you need a install manual...

aykfc

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »

They are the tiny pins that go into the LPC... rivets i believe... that are optional, and some of them are just not in that shape. They were sent to me like that. Do they help?

aykfc

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 08:46:00 PM »

So no one can help me then

xboxgamer733

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 10:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(aykfc @ May 2 2005, 03:23 PM)
And, those things you put into the LPC ports, forget what they are called. Do they help? I put the ones I have in, but some are damaged though.

The thing you put into the LPC port is called a pin header, and it's only used by mod chips. Just putting the pin header by itself isn't going to help anything, especially if some of the pins are damaged.

But assuming that all the pin header pins are soldered well to the board, it seems like your Xbox is fragging because the d0 wire from your chip doesn't have a good connection with the d0 point on the motherboard. Does the Xbox turn on, turn off, turn on, turn off, then turn on with the power/eject light flashing red and green? If so, that's most likely the reason. Just check the soldering of all your points to see if any can be made better.

Also, if you take the chip out, put a Slayer's disc in the drive, and reboot, can the Xbox boot the disc? If it can boot the disc, then fixing the softmod will be easy, because you could could repair the mod via FTP. Any file(s) that you deleted can be replaced this way. Just tell us what exploit you used, and we can tell you what files need to be where  :)

On a sidenote...
QUOTE(aykfc @ May 2 2005, 03:23 PM)
Ok, well I backed up my C drive and I had to delete a part of it to make room for a game to be put on my hard drive.

Deleting something from one partition (such as C) of the hard drive won't affect the space available in another partition. The maximum space that C, E, X, Y, and Z can hold cannot be changed in a stock Xbox hard drive (well, you probably could change it with a different BIOS or a different formatting, but don't mess with it!). Just remember this for the future  ;)

Good luck!
 :beer:

aykfc

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 10:53:00 PM »

I was doing the no solder install on my xenium SPice, and it looks like the holes are covered up. I am getting it modded pinheader hopefully soon, but i would like to be able to do it myself if possible. I have tried putting the rivets into the holes with no affect, I am assuming if i can open up the holes more it might work, but the smallest thing I have is a sewing needle, and it did not work very well.

Also, I was trying to put halo 2 on my hard drive so i could mod the maps, well to make room I deleted a file on my E drive which was part of the back up....yeah I learned my lesson. Do you have any help for making the holes more open or something?

xboxgamer733

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 11:30:00 PM »

Are you saying that the LPC holes are too small to put the rivets in? This shouldn't matter for the solderless adapter, because the rivets are only optional to install. If they won't fit, don't bother with them.

Also, if you delete the files update.xbe, downloader.xbe, and dashupdate.xbe from where you saved Halo 2, this will make it easier to fit on your hard drive. You could probably even delete credits_60.bik from the bink folder to free up even more space if you don't care about the credits anymore.