xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Do I Need To Mod A 1.6?  (Read 39 times)

Textbook

• Archived User
What Do I Need To Mod A 1.6?
« on: April 25, 2005, 05:07:00 AM »

I am going to be modding a version 1.6 Xbox here very soon.  I am going to be getting the Xecuter 2.6CE modchip which has the LPC rebuild.  I just got done printing out a very clear tutorial from modchipman.com that shows step-by-step on how to install the chip.  That should be no problem.  I am wondering if there is a specific BIOS or Dashboard that I will have to use.  I just looked at Team Xecuter's website and they said the new X2 5029 BIOS will work with version 1.6 Xboxes.  Should I use this?  And is there a new EvoX or Avalaunch dashboard that is specifically made for version 1.6 Xboxes, or will the modchip run the older dashboards because it simply runs xbes.  I just need some help with this, because I have never messed around with a 1.6.  I've modded many Xboxes, but this is going to be my first experience with a 1.6.  Thanks.

ItchyB

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 05:28:00 AM »

You need the correct BIOS but other than that all apps including dashboards are not version specific. the X2-5029 1.6 or M8 Plus 1.6 wil do the job.

seriouslysilly

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 08:47:00 AM »

yeah, just make sur that the bios you load is for the 1.6 mobo.  other than that and the PCB rebuild, you are set.

good luck!

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 02:00:00 PM »

Thanks you guys!

This is what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure because I didn't want to end up breaking a customer's Xbox.  I figured the BIOS would have to be different, and I thought that the dash and other apps would run normally.  I just wanted to make sure so I would have some reassurance.  Thanks to both of you for the help, it really makes my day when I can get some help on a problem that I am having or a question that I need answering.  Well, now that my question has been answered, I guess there is no need for this thread.  The mods can delete this because I have found the answer.  Thanks everyone, I love Xbox-Scene.