xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Yep, I Admit It, I'm A Noob  (Read 217 times)

nfs911

• Archived User
Yep, I Admit It, I'm A Noob
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2005, 04:29:00 PM »

I personally like the xenium, or xecuter 3. I think the Xenium has good things in the future for it. I recommend it.

triggernum5

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2005, 07:19:00 PM »

smile.gif

triggernum5

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2005, 09:59:00 PM »

smile.gif

nj12nets

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2005, 10:05:00 PM »

just because it costs more doesnt make it bad and just because it costs less doesnt make it bad. im not familiar with the x3 or duoxx but i know for certain that the xenium ice is very useful for nebies because the OS walks you through everything as well as a hdd upgrade. the instructions will tell u wh at to do with the os and since that boots first you dont go to a flash bios screen and this is much easier to navigate.

triggernum5

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2005, 10:20:00 PM »

There is a great website called xbox-scene.com that also walks you through all that:)..  One thing I don't like about Xenium Ice is the fact that its OS does not set a master password to the hdd when it locks it..  I'm pretty sure its the cheapest solution if you want to add an lcd however (Might be wrong since I obviously focus my interest on softmodding), and Config Magic can set a master password with any mod anyways..

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2005, 10:20:00 AM »

Only stupid ppl who don't read about what they are doing really need a chip

Which says idoiots fit chips and softmods are always be done by clever people. As you have fitted chips whatt does that make you then

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2005, 10:42:00 AM »

Hey now! What did I say about hating in this topic!

Its nothing to do with hate or anything its expressing points of view and I have to say the very reason not to ask whats the best modchip is because it always generates this sort of thread.
Do not post in uppercase either its considered shouting and do not attempt to tell me what I should or should not discuss in friendly debate.

triggernum5

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2005, 01:47:00 PM »

Chancer is a well informed guy with a valid point.. Perhaps I was a bit harsh..  I really truly see no point in the more expensive chips unless you have a specific reason for using them..  I find it pathetic when ppl brag about having the ability to fit many different bioses on their chip when they fill it all up with multiple copies of the same thing etc etc..  Clever ppl don't pay for extravagance for the sake of extravagance in any case..
And sunami88, the Mechassault Linux exploit you are talking about is one of the earliest softmods with sooo many bad aspects..  (It did break new ground however so I still respect it.)  UXE with nkpatcher 10 is waaay more stable, and can actually be harder to screw up than any alternative bios mod, chip or no chip.  And yes it will work with any xbox/dash to date..
Chipping/tsoping does have the advantage that everything can be prepared without opening a pc to prepare/restore a new hdd..
Needless to say, if you managed to deal with the MA Linux font exploit then you are more than intelligent enough to handle a UXE modded box..  

UXE:
No more clock loop..  Unplug it for as long as you want.
Works on any version xbox and any dash.

Nkpatcher10:
Optional shadowc (Hides the true C: from apps and optionally the user)
Optional shadow eeprom (Protects the actual eeprom chip from corruption/memory layout issues)
Extremely configurable IGR.. (Optionally allow many different combos from any or all controller ports)
Only works with all stock bioses unfortunately.
Eliminates many game freezing issues older bfm bioses were plagued with.
Arguably legal since it was written by rmenhal and compiled without any illegal xdk.. (If you care:) )

triggernum5

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2005, 04:51:00 PM »

To replace the hdd you will first need to obtain access to evox with your MS hdd and backup/ftp your eeprom.bin to your pc..  You will then need xboxhdm 1.9 to prepare/lock the new hdd  (It will generate the new hdd password for the new drive if you include the eeprom.bin from YOUR xbox)..  Without access to a chipped/tsop'd box xboxhdm is really the best/only way to prepare a new hdd.. It does require you to open/use your pc to prepare the drive..  Swing by the XBE Exploits forum for current tuts and the most informed assistance..  If you can read its all pretty easy..

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »

One thing you can't go wrong with is the price. If you follow the guys advice that do this then you will have great success with it. If you go this route read up the posts and stuff in the relevant section.

modbox_

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2005, 05:54:00 PM »

smile.gif

triggernum5

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2005, 08:15:00 PM »

Yes, chimps tools do work like a charm, the only thing sketchy about them is you need to hotswap the new hdd (it goes in place of the dvd)..  Hotswapping is relatively safe, but I don't look at an 8-10GB hdd the same way as an 80-400GB..  If you kill your stock hdd then you just need to buy a chip to replace it with a new one..  Kill the new hdd, and you gotta deal with warrantees..  I've hotswappeed many many times without incident, but every once in a blue moon somebody posts a horror story..
Also, don't bother with chimps UDE installer unless you only want to run linux, he's a linux guy not a gamer and his package doesn't install anything fun..

cmiz

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2005, 08:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(triggernum5 @ Apr 16 2005, 04:11 PM)
One thing I'd put money on is that you absolutely could not screw up an xbox softmodded by me unless you fully understand the intricacies of softmodding (Thanks to rmenhal the great)

sunami88

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »

biggrin.gif . You've given me alot to think about... and I think I'll try the hot-swap/ghosting method first. If all goes well (touch wood) then I still may even look at a mod chip (my mind is pretty much set on the DuoX2, I hear good things). Again, thanks a million.
Pages: 1 [2]