xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Slayers_evox_auto-installer ?  (Read 107 times)

Amix

• Archived User
Slayers_evox_auto-installer ?
« on: April 16, 2005, 09:18:00 AM »

Hello

I downloaded SlaYers_EvoX_Auto-Installer v2.6 - I recently fried my dash uploading that stupid monk from Jade Empire.

Anywho, this my first time going about doing this, and I downloaded the file, and it is an .ISO, @356,756 kbs.  The problem is my xbox won't recognize it.  It is a launch xbox and when I boot it up XECUTER2 pops up, then it just get the standard "can't read media" error.

I picked up the xbox online so I don't know the specifics of the mod, but the chip has to be working because I have some games backed up and those boot, but I just can't get to my freakin dash.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you very much.

The*galloping*zebra

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 09:23:00 AM »

Does your xbox usually read the type of disc you are using? did you burn the disc as an image?

This post has been edited by The*galloping*zebra: Apr 16 2005, 04:24 PM

Amix

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 09:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(The*galloping*zebra @ Apr 16 2005, 02:53 PM)
Does your xbox usually read the type of disc you are using? did you burn the disc as an image?

So far I've tried Sony CD-RWs, Memorex CD-Rs, Fuji DVD-Rs, and Dynex DVD-Rs, no dice on any of them.

Yeah, as an image. :(

POPEYE1716

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 09:31:00 AM »

Dont know if this matters, BUt on mine i had to go into my bios and enable CDR reading u can try that dont know if you did it or not.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 09:37:00 AM »

What DVD drive does your Xbox have?

The*galloping*zebra

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 09:37:00 AM »

thinks you can try:
-Burn another at a slow speed
-Reset your xbox
-Reset your xbox again

Amix

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 09:59:00 AM »

Freakin worked.  Xbox must have been picky.

Amix

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2005, 10:21:00 AM »

Looks like this is a multipart question:

Okay, I went and upgraded my evo x dash from the installer, and I thought that would be enough for me to get to the evo dash, but it still defaults me to the MS dash.

Can anyone explain to me, or direct me to an applicable faq, that lets me get my evo dash back?  I dont' give two shits about this ms dash, and if I could get rid of it completely that'd be sweet.

Thanks for the responses, it is much appreciated.  :)

The*galloping*zebra

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2005, 10:42:00 AM »

firstly..
Where are your bios looking for the dash? C:\ or F:\ or what?
secondly...
Underwhat name are your bios looking for evox? evoxdash.xbe or default.xbe?
Thirdly...
I'm guessing your using x2 bios. Where did you install evox to?

Amix

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2005, 10:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(The*galloping*zebra @ Apr 16 2005, 04:12 PM)
firstly..
Where are your bios looking for the dash? C:\ or F:\ or what?
secondly...
Underwhat name are your bios looking for evox? evoxdash.xbe or default.xbe?
Thirdly...
I'm guessing your using x2 bios. Where did you install evox to?

Okay, this is where I'm a bit shakey.  I'm not too sure where to retreive this info.  

I just chose the "Ugrade/install" evo x option from the slayer menu, then it when and did that.  It didn't ask me to specifiy anything.

When I boot up slayer, it stats EVOX V 3935, BIOS X2 4976.02, C: 292.044.800, E:  4.927.848.448, F:  8.048.164.864

F is the only one that looks familiar, cause I had 8 gigs left of space before JE screwed everything up.

Under settings it says:  USE F Drive:  YES use G Drive:  YES, but G: has 0 for space.

Thanks again for the response mate, any help during this troubling xbox time is appreciated. :)

The*galloping*zebra

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2005, 11:02:00 AM »

On the slayers main screen click option '4' then option '4a', then click on option '4a4' this should install evox on c:\. reboot and if it doen't load your bios are looking for a different named .xbe like 'default.xbe' instead of 'evoxdash.xbe' because msdash.xbe is still on c:\ the x2 bios looks for that and loads it when it can't find its first choice.

Amix

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(The*galloping*zebra @ Apr 16 2005, 04:32 PM)
On the slayers main screen click option '4' then option '4a', then click on option '4a4' this should install evox on c:\. reboot and if it doen't load your bios are looking for a different named .xbe like 'default.xbe' instead of 'evoxdash.xbe' because msdash.xbe is still on c:\ the x2 bios looks for that and loads it when it can't find its first choice.

Thank you sir, I'll give that a whirl.

If it doesn't work though how do I disable the msdash.xbe?  That dash is nothing but trouble, and I don't go online so it is of no use to me.

The*galloping*zebra

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2005, 11:15:00 AM »

I would keep it, but to delete it just use boxexplorer or the like and delete it from c:\. but makes sure you get evox up first

Amix

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2005, 12:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(The*galloping*zebra @ Apr 16 2005, 04:32 PM)

Well, I did that, and rebooted, and it just sent me back to the MS dash.   :huh:

So, what now?  All have available are the options with my slayer boot/install disc  :ph34r:

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2005, 01:22:00 PM »

Did the installation take like 5 seconds? it should take at least 5 mins to copy all the files across. Iv seen where the DVD drive cant actually read the files well enough that it just skips them all then tells you the installation is complete - only ever seen this with Thompson drives though.

You will have to burn slayers to a dvd to fix this :(