xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Help With A Softmod  (Read 41 times)

_chronos_

• Archived User
Need Help With A Softmod
« on: April 11, 2005, 06:54:00 PM »

I am trying to softmod using hotswap and xboxhdm and am at the stage where I need to rebuild the c partition by selecting option two on after typing xbhdm. My problem is xboxhdm isn't reading that there are c and e folders on my cd, but I know there are. Is there an alternative way to do this?

_chronos_

• Archived User
Need Help With A Softmod
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 07:49:00 PM »

Daddy j' told me that it is probably a problem with my cdrom and that it happens sometimes. He also told me to "fire up xbrowser and trasnfer them manually." My problem now is how do I do that? Do I still use option 2 in xboxhdm and than just copy em over? Because I tried doing that and it didn't work. Would I build a HD from scratch, than pull them over? Tried that too, still didn't work. Is there somehting I need to do after the files are on the HD that I havn't been doing? Thanks in advance!

cmiz

• Archived User
Need Help With A Softmod
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 09:04:00 PM »

i believe for xbrowser you load the normal xboxhdm thing (option 1) and then type "xbrowser" when it give you the command prompt.

_chronos_

• Archived User
Need Help With A Softmod
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 12:07:00 AM »

I can get to the xbrowser and I can copy the c file over to the box, I just don't know what to do from there. Heres what I did: I followed daddyj's tut up until xboxhdm tried to copy the c and e folder's off my cd, which didn't work. After that I manually copied the C drive over to the box and than re-started my xbox in it's normal case and it didn't work. I must be missing something here, If someone could tell me what it is I am missing I would be very grateful.

_chronos_

• Archived User
Need Help With A Softmod
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 12:34:00 AM »

Sorry, I would have just edited this into my post, but the edit button dissapeared. I think it may help me if someone told me exactly what it is that needs to go on the C drive, I am still very unclear on that, thanks!

_chronos_

• Archived User
Need Help With A Softmod
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 12:53:00 AM »

Danged edit button keeps going away, anyways, here is what is currently in my C folder  when I am making my cd:

http://img31.echo.cx...e=cdrive2ut.png