xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Usb Adapter Problems  (Read 50 times)

_chronos_

• Archived User
Usb Adapter Problems
« on: April 03, 2005, 02:56:00 PM »

So I am tryign to make a usb-xbox port adapter and am a little confused. I did search and found the wiring, but it wasn't much help, the wires are different than they listed. The USB had what the TUT said it would: a red, black, white, and green wire, didn't see any shield though. The xbox breakaway was where it strayed a little from the TUT. It has a red, white, yellow, blue, and green wire, plus one non-insulated wire. I went ahead and connected all the like colors as indicated on the TUT, but than, since there wasn't a black wire in the xbox breakaway, I connected the black from the usb to the blue, seems logical right? Well, I didn't get anything, if anyone could help me, I would appreciate it, I am using this TUT, btw:

http://www.xbox-linu...Linux_USB_HOWTO

_chronos_

• Archived User
Usb Adapter Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 03:09:00 PM »

Here are some pics of the breakaway:

user posted image

user posted image

Sorry they are pretty blurry, my camera isn't good at close shots like that, hope that helps.

_chronos_

• Archived User
Usb Adapter Problems
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 04:03:00 PM »

Alright, sorry that I keep posting here, but I took a multimeter to the breakaway and found out that the wiring on this peticular cable is way different, heres how it breaks down: +5V= White, -data= Green, +data= yellow, -5v= Blue, unused= red.
Anyways, I got that all wired and the memory stick I am using's (a little 128 mb attache) little LED was flashing, the box detected it as a memory stick, but than gave me an error message, saying something to the effect of: "Memory stick not readable, possibly damaged." My box is either a 1.0 or a 1.1 if it makes a difference. Could it be that the memory stick just isn't formatting?

Cobra5mil

• Archived User
Usb Adapter Problems
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »

Yes, just format it using your computer.  I believe you have to format it to FAT32 and then the Xbox will format it again to the correct Xbox format...

_chronos_

• Archived User
Usb Adapter Problems
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 04:19:00 PM »

I just tried that and it gave me the same thing. I formatted it to FAT32, using quick format, than tried it again without it, than, just for kicks, tried formatting it to FAT, both quick format and not, and still, the same thing. Is it possible that my stick just isn't compatible with the xbox? Is there any software I can get that will format it on my pc?

Cobra5mil

• Archived User
Usb Adapter Problems
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »

I remember with my softmod along time ago that I had to use Action Replay to get my memory card to work.  Maybe Action Replay will format it....

_chronos_

• Archived User
Usb Adapter Problems
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 04:40:00 PM »

Do I have to buy Action Replay?

Cobra5mil

• Archived User
Usb Adapter Problems
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 04:50:00 PM »

This might do the trick for you....http://www.xbox-saves.com/index.php?category=manager

_chronos_

• Archived User
Usb Adapter Problems
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »

No, my box isn't modded, so that can't help me. Thanks though.