xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wireless Bridge Question With Modded Xbox  (Read 62 times)

AnonymousCaller

• Archived User
Wireless Bridge Question With Modded Xbox
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 06:20:00 AM »

i have same aswell brige connection mine works fine using 172.20.1.xxx
for ip, all i dont is, go to options on my xbox, xbox dashboard and go to Networking Settings, set it to Auto, and then whatever pops up use that, and such as for me i got 172.20.xxx zincmann, try this may work, as it worked for me

project722

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 08:28:00 AM »

zincmann     Posted Yesterday, 10:52 PM
     My Xbox ip which I assigned when I set up Evox was 192.168.1.102. My Wireless bridge ip is whatever the router selects for it.

All I did in the Evox settings was change Static IP from yes to no. No other settings to make changes for.

In evox sys settings, what is the IP in blue? The one in blue is the one evox is currently using. If you turned static off, it should be different than the one you assigned. If DHCP is working, it should be different. If its not working, the IP will be 0.0.0.0.

project722

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 09:50:00 PM »

Maybe your router just isnt picking up the xbox MAC to assign it an IP. So I would suggest resetting your router to clear out the ARP cache and rebuild the new. There should be a reset button on the back of the router somewhere, just push it in and release. If that doesn't work you may want to do a hard reset and restore it back to factory defaults. Of course when you do that you will need to reconfig your security settings.

zincmann

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 05:13:00 PM »

grr.gif

System I tried a). Resetting my router to get any stuck IPs or what not out.
                      cool.gif. Resetting my wireless bridge and my xbox with still no link or IP address.

In addition I have pinged my wireless bridge and there were 4 packets sent, none received and 100% packet loss....

I am out of ideas.  Do you think at this point resetting it back to factory settings will do it?

project722

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 08:15:00 PM »

Resetting the router caused your IP's to change, thats why you could not ping the bridge. Just get the new bridge IP.

My guess is you have some sort of incompatibility between the bridge and your router.
Try updating your routers firmware. In addition, reverse your network layout (if you can) and test.

project722

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2005, 09:25:00 PM »

What did you try? The firmware upgrade or changing the layout?

Since your router assigns IP's to the MAC address, then yes that could be the problem.

Mac filtering just tells the router to only let authorized MAC addresses use the local network. Any other MAC will be denied access. Its just another layer of security and can be used along with encryption.

zincmann

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2005, 09:31:00 PM »

Okay System again appreciate your patience:

I tried going to Linksys Website looking for updated firmware and I seem to already have the latest for my Wireless B Router.

I was in a Gamestop store tonight and they dont know a lot but know enough, he was saying there might be a switch on the mod chip which is causing it not to communicate through the Wireless bridge, but that cannot be possible can it? I mean especially since It works through the straight through cable through my router directly.

Would hooking the Xbox up through the router directly once more clear its settings out from the last time it was hooked up and clear it all out to work with wireless possibly?

I am tryin everything here...I just dont give up..damnit!

project722

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2005, 09:42:00 PM »

My advice:

If you can, leave the wireless bridge hooked up to the pc and plug the xbox directly
into the router. (Since we know this way works)

Or get a linksys wireless B bridge for the xbox. You can probably get one of
those pretty cheap these days.

Oh...and why do you keep calling me system?

zincmann

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »

Wait a cotton pickin minute...do I need to also update the Xbox retail dash to go wireless also?? if i do I never did!!
Pages: 1 [2]