xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How To Change The Bootup 'MS' Logo?  (Read 78 times)

Xombe

• Archived User
How To Change The Bootup 'MS' Logo?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2005, 02:59:00 AM »

Well, even to flash the TSOP you have to solder a couple of points, so you'd have to open the case even in that situtation.

The presense of the Xecuter 2 text on the boot screen just means you have an X2 bios (and an old one, at that...).

And if you do a search for "Hynix HY29F002" on the boards, it's pretty much a dead giveaway.  I hope you didn't pay him more than 15 bucks for the mod (if you wanna call it that...).

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2005, 07:47:00 PM »

Thin Small Outline Package, basically the chip on the mobo where the retail bios is stored (or WAS…).

You CAN update your bios by reflashing your TSOP, but it ain’t so easy (without a chip on hand to use), and you might not want to try it yourself.

Maybe someone else has a better idea, though.  And X2.4977 ain’t that bad, but the newer X2.4981 or 4983 run provided better compatibility with some games and apps.  I don’t remember off-hand if the LBA48 hack had been implemented in 4977 (I don’t think it had been), so you’d not be able to use a HD larger that about 137GBs.

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2005, 10:40:00 PM »

Yeah, upon checking (after lunch), I see that OzPaulb made the LBA48 hack near the end  of 2003, and Team Xecuter released X2.4979 (after a re-pack due to a mistake) on November 16th of 2003, which supported the hack.

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2005, 11:44:00 PM »

Well, come to think of it, if the solderpoints are still in place, you may very well be able to flash your TSOP again with Evox (using a properly resized bios and the proper lines in your evox.ini).

But you’ll want to make really sure of your Xbox version and brand of TSOP chip first.  Check out this thread for some great info.

I'm not confident giving advice on your particular case (no pun intended).  Go seach the TSOP flashing forums, and read the TSOP flashing tuts.

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2005, 12:57:00 AM »

I really don't think so.  

You're living in Canada, so you have a NTSC box, yes?  Even if not, I really don't think it matters (though I'm not sure enough to say so and too lazy to search).

ashgreenwood

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2005, 02:01:00 AM »

acually its a PAL xbox but looks like doesnt matter anyway.
thanks heaps for all the help man, if i ever wana do this i shud be able use the tuts from here. if i need to ask anything else ill pm.

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2005, 02:08:00 AM »

smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2]