xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cannot Connect To Xbox  (Read 387 times)

whitebwoy

• Archived User
Cannot Connect To Xbox
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2005, 02:47:00 PM »

hey slobber bringing the connections or what u said about changing the subnet on the 2 both didnt work

slobber

• Archived User
Cannot Connect To Xbox
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2005, 02:57:00 PM »

Post your link and I'll let you know what I think.

Don't bridge the connections, you don't want to do that.  MS bridging protocol sux major butt and could hose the TCP/IP stack on your wireless connection.

You HAVE to post more than "...didn't work" for someone to troubleshoot.  What EXACTLY happens?  Following all of the instructions I have posted in this thread works.  I've done it hundreds of times with hundreds of Xbox's.  Why is it totally necessary for you to have internet connectivity while being connected to your Xbox?  All you have to do is connect to the Xbox to do whatever file transferring you want and then unplug the cable from your computer and your internet will work (this is a fail-safe method and works 100% of the time).  When you want to reconnect to your Xbox, just plug the cable back in and blam! you're back on.

Do you have the option of plugging a straight-through cable into your Xbox from the router?  This would be THE EASIEST way of solving your dilemna.

slobber

• Archived User
Cannot Connect To Xbox
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2005, 03:06:00 PM »

dvd2xbox.  I think you can find it in "the usual places".

whitebwoy

• Archived User
Cannot Connect To Xbox
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »

the reason why i asked about the dvd copy to pc is because my dvd drive isnt working right now cuz something happend last night so i was just gonna rip this game i have and transfer it to my box via ftp.

slobber

• Archived User
Cannot Connect To Xbox
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2005, 03:17:00 PM »

The "Computer Engineering Technology" option resembles the courses I took during undergrad studies.  Whether or not it is appropriate for you really depends on what you want to do for a career.  If you want to be a programmer, that wouldn't give you the necessary skills.  If you're more into hardware/networking, it would.  If you're looking at programming, you need courses that offer object-oriented studies in languages like C++, C#, Java, etc.  If you're looking at database programming, courses in SQL and such would be more appropriate.

It all depends on what career path you want to end up in.

slobber

• Archived User
Cannot Connect To Xbox
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2005, 03:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(whitebwoy @ Jan 9 2005, 04:45 PM)
the reason why i asked about the dvd copy to pc is because my dvd drive isnt working right now cuz something happend last night so i was just gonna rip this game i have and transfer it to my box via ftp.

project722

• Archived User
Cannot Connect To Xbox
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2005, 03:23:00 PM »

slobber     Posted Today, 11:28 PM
     Post your link and I'll let you know what I think.

Don't bridge the connections, you don't want to do that. MS bridging protocol sux major butt and could hose the TCP/IP stack on your wireless connection.

That may be, but in order to use the internet on the xbox he will need
to bridge the two
networks together.

slobber

• Archived User
Cannot Connect To Xbox
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2005, 03:27:00 PM »

wink.gif

whitebwoy

• Archived User
Cannot Connect To Xbox
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2005, 03:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(slobber @ Jan 9 2005, 11:53 PM)
AFAIK there is not a Windows program that will read an Xbox game and allow it to be ripped to the PC's hard drive.  In any case, even if there were such a program, it wouldn't sign the default.xbe file to allow it to be played from backup on the hard drive.  Programs like dvd2xbox sign the default.xbe file to allow this.  DVDXCopy won't work, AFAIK.  You can search these forums for that info, but might not find much.  Discussion of ripping games is very limited due to the fact that unless you own the game, it is illegal to copy them.  Personally, that's really all I'd like to say about that if you know what I mean.
Pages: 1 [2]