xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xecuter 2.6 Installed, Evox Please Help!  (Read 117 times)

capelli

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 Installed, Evox Please Help!
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2004, 02:29:00 AM »

Wahoo!!!! Now that has worked.

So can someone give me some help on my original Slayers question, cos the guides are way off the mark on that one.

Strud1512

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2004, 07:34:00 AM »

QUOTE (capelli @ Dec 18 2004, 11:32 AM)
So can someone give me some help on my original Slayers question, cos the guides are way off the mark on that one.

I assume you mean that you had the RAR file and extracted the ISO file from it?

Just open Nero 6, select Recorder --> Burn Image from the menu, select the ISO and burn.

xbonz

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2004, 10:09:00 AM »

maybe its your media
what did you do that was different when you burned the bios cd sucessfully ?

Oh and i did my think and totally fucked it up

capelli

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2004, 11:12:00 AM »

I didnt do anything different, apart fromt he instructions for Nero were slightly different from the ones to do the Bios.

I really need some major help here, I wonder if anyone could send me the original slayers files like in the tutorials cos the one i got is the self installer.

I never thought all this owuld take so long, I am a newb to this but quite capable of following instructions and problem solving, apart from this grrrrrrrrrr

xbonz

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2004, 11:16:00 AM »

its cause you are a total NewB No offense at all. I went through the same thing the first time just problem after problem. Made like 20 coasters.

after i exract the iso from the slayer rar file i just double click the iso icon and it opens up nero6 i make sure its finalizing the disc and i hit burn thats it

I wish i could help you more but im not that proficient maybe just lucky to get as far as i do.

I feel for you man believe me

capelli

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2004, 12:18:00 PM »

The thing about this is that people say read the tutorials and they really are not that helpful!
There are so many of them and each has different information a lot of which conflicts so i am more confused than ever..

I am now downloading again and would just like some clear instructions as to what I actually have to do with it,  if it is simply a case of burning it to media then I will just have to keep trying but I just wonder if there is anything else I am missing here prior to burning.

Its Slayers Evox Auto installer 2.6.

xbonz

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2004, 12:40:00 PM »

i made a slayer 2.6 yesterday and Aall i did was double click the icon it opened up nero and i made sure to check finalize disc and Burn try different media

ill send you my disc if you want its on dvd-r
You probably want to get it done faster but at least you would know its working 100%

where are you located

xbonz

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2004, 02:45:00 PM »

No Problem glad to hear you got it going
you probably want to inst/upgrade hd its pretty self explainitory just read the directions and what each thing does in the pdf's or whtever you extracted

capelli

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2004, 03:58:00 AM »

As is always the way, as soon as there is joy there is pain!

I was installing slayers  and then i got an 07 problem on the drive, I have been having this problem on and off for a while, I get the feeling the hard drive is screwed.

Anyway I decided to use a HDD that i have had laying around for a while to see if i could progress, so installed slayers etc rebooted but got the error 13 cant load dash.

I am now formatting the hard drive... guess i would then go for a new install but i think I will get the same cant load dash error..

any thoughts? or maybe that hard drive is toast as well!

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2004, 04:08:00 AM »

wink.gif).

That will not only install Evox to C:\ and a shitload of apps to F drive, but also rebuild the MS dash to the C Drive as well.  That should work just fine.

But don't forget, the box won't boot the MS Dash with the chip off unless the HD is locked. wink.gif

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2004, 04:46:00 AM »

wink.gif

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2004, 04:53:00 AM »

huh.gif

It should be booting straight to Evox...

Try running option 4a10 to rebuild the MS Dash again.

Or maybe it's time to FTP in and see what's going on it there.

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2004, 07:15:00 AM »

How to FTP.

And, what make and model of HDD were you trying?

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2004, 06:40:00 PM »

Size meaning physical dimensions?  That would be a given, seeing as how they're all 3.5 inch IDE drives...

I was asking for a model number and storage capacity size.  Unless the drive is significantly larger than the 8GB retail HD, you don't want to use Slayer's "Install Large HD" option.

Model number and specs, please.

Otherwise, there in no reason why Slayer's would not correctly install the MS Dash, given the right options.  Do you at least have a xboxdash.xbe file in you C:\ root?

And also a fonts folder, and a xboxdashdata.1012a700 folder (or something similar), etc.?

capelli

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2004, 12:20:00 AM »

rotfl.gif , when you said size I did not know what you meant , having replaced a few HDD's in pc's before along with DVDburner etc...

I have ordered a new drive, a maxtor 120gb so I will have to wait for that.

The seagate drive I tried using is bout the same gb as the Xbox drive, but interesting that it had all the files but in a D partition and having FTP'd in with Flash FXP O cpuld not move these into the C partition. I think that drive is nothing more than a doorstop now and reconnecting the original drive and switching to bank 2 which has cromwell bios 3.03 it comes up with an IDE error.

So I think I will wait for the Maxtor and proceed once thats here. Good idea do you think?    wink.gif
Pages: 1 [2]