xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Noob And I Can't Find Info Anywhere...  (Read 32 times)

Psylence

• Archived User
Noob And I Can't Find Info Anywhere...
« on: December 08, 2004, 02:11:00 PM »

First, once you open up your xbox I would go through the version id page here on the scene.  I was under the impression that the Halo boxes were 1.4.  I just modded one a couple nights ago (clear green, says halo on the front) and it ended up being a 1.4.  Don't wanna solder stuff to the wrong place.

Second good choice on the X3.  I've used an X2.3b, X2.6 and X3 and the X3 is money.

LCD display seems like its just a cool mod.  Not real clear on the details but from what I gather its just a readout (for xbmc, etc).

The X3 mod switch is actually just a replacement switch for the one that comes with the X3.  Purely an asthetic thing, functionality is the same, although the switches are easier to set then the teeny tiny dip switches.

HD size?  Yes the bigger the better.  I did my first ones at 120 gig and you'd fall over if you knew how quickly that fills up.  I use a 250 now.

USB/Xbox connector I believe is just used to hook up mouse/keyboard.  If you could use it for ghosting that'd be great.  After my first one I had to ftp everything to my PC hard drive and when I build a box I have to ftp it all back.  Talk about SLOOOW.  Haven't looked into Ghosting but if you find anything on it let me know.

taz104

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 02:31:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

Psylence

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 02:35:00 PM »

just makin sure about the version.  Sounds like you got it all going.  Have fun man.