xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Plz Help A Guy Out W/ Xenium Ice Mod.  (Read 37 times)

jason1413

• Archived User
Plz Help A Guy Out W/ Xenium Ice Mod.
« on: September 10, 2004, 01:22:00 AM »

i recently installed an xenium ice mod on my xbox and im having problems. basically i think that i recieved too much info over the net on what to do and now im kinda lost. ok my status is this: chip installed, need to find accurate info on how to play back up games (can i do a copy of an existing game i have, or only games on my HD?) and do i need a seperate bios other than the 2.0 that came preinstalled on chip. if i do need a seperate bios, what is the most direct way of getting that bios to my xbox in working order?
i know this is alot to ask but I have found no real clear description on the net on how to do ne of this. i have downloaded flash fxp, mirc, cromwell,evolutionx, xecutioner 2 bios manager, and i am now completley lost.
to all who reply if any i appreciate your time thanks
jason1413 (confused noob) :uhh:  

stacker69

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 03:22:00 AM »

Ok I don't have the ICE but I do use the OS2 beta. When I got my Xenium I'm pretty sure that the bios banks were empty. But since we're talking about the ICE with OS2. you can go to the "Launch Item" and select what bios you want to add in your launch item.  Playing your backed up games, you have to use a bios like M8, M7 or X2 4983, X2 4981. Using any of this bios will let you play your backed up games, homebrew apps and more.

If you don't have the bioses I mentioned you can go the usual places and get the bios you want.  You can ftp the bios to your xbox hd or make a bios cd.

feromone

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 03:15:00 PM »

Hi,

You sound like I felt about a month ago :)

Like stacker said, you need to get hold of another bios to do the real fun stuff on a chipped xbox.

http://www.teamxodus.com/modules.php?name=...download&cid=13
Have a look at the link above and in particular the Iceguide link. As you've done the hardware install, start reading from 'Setting up the original BIOS'.

Basically you need to add an entry in the ice config so that you can boot into the original MS bios.  Fairly straightforward.

Then you need to get hold of one of the other bioses, I would recommend the X2 4983 (unless you have a 1.6 xbox then you'll need the M8 1.6 version).
I find http://www.macsat.com useful for IRC access, as it has a web front end so you dont need to install any irc client. You will need some form of FTP client tho.  
Whilst you're there, get a dashboard (evolutionx?) and xboxmediacentre :)

Then you need to get all the files onto your xbox. The easiest way is to ftp them from your pc to the xbox. This will involve setting up the networking on the xenium which i'll assume you can do or find info on how to do unless you ask :). It's covered in the guide i think.

Stick the x2 bios (just the 256k .bin file) on the root of the c:\ drive (use the .06 version unless youve got a really big hard drive in your xbox). Then you can go and read the bit in the PDF about setting up an additional bios.  Also set this bios to be the default. You might want to auto boot this bios so you dont have to keep selecting it in the xenium menus. You can always get back to the xenium menus by powering the xbox on with the eject button.

Next install the dash which you need to be able to run the mediacentre etc. This is also covered in the guide i think. It basically involves copying the evoxdash.xbe and evox.ini files and the Skin directory to the root of the c:\ drive. You may need to edit evox.ini to tweak the network settings to suit your network, but it will run without editing.
(I dont think you strictly need a dash to play backups but I installed it anyway and havent tried it without one)

Thats basically it, you should be able to run a backup now. Everything else should just be finetuning of network settings, menu items etc.

This is all from memory of my experience with a 1.0 xbox (standard hard disk) and an ice, so may not be totally correct for your setup. I dont have live, but if you do you should read up about how not to get banned :)

Have fun and try xboxmediacenter as it rocks!

studly

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 05:22:00 PM »

Ok i recently set up my X ICE chip with the XOS 2.0 This is how i did it step by step. Sense i have a 1.6 xbox i used the m8 bios. This is a step by step guid to setting it up. *I posted this once before on an old post but it doesnt hurt to post it again. *

The first thing you need to do is setup your retail bios (if you dont do this it could cause errors later). Go to the launch menu and click add new launch item. Select tsop, give it a name, pick led, and let it do its thing. Now launch the item that was added(this should be the retail bios). When it first loads you need to set the time and date. Thats all that is needed so restart the xbox.

Now we need to set up your FTP settings under the XOS 2.0. From the main menu select setting. Then select network settings. Their you will see your IP address.

Then FTP into your xbox via the ip address you got from our xenium card(i used flash FXP). The user name and password should be xbox. Now go into the C: of your xbox.
Copy over your bios file into the c: drive of your xbox (M8.bin)

From the Main menu select the launch menu. Within this menu select goto add new launch item.
Chose the Flash option (not tsop)
Goto the c: drive(or where ever you ftped the bios file) and select the bios (M8.bin)
Name it whatever you want, pick what ever led indicator you want, and let it do its thing. Now you can select the m8 bios(or what ever you called it) and launch it.

You still dont have a custom dashboard yet so now its time to install evox.

FTP back into your xbox (useing the same ip address and program as above).
Go into your c: drive again.

Now copy over the evoxdash.xbe and setup.ini to the c: drive of your xbox. (you should configure your setup.ini to fit your needs//wants if you dont know how to do it read a evox tutorial about it)

Also if you have a skins directory you can copy that to the c: drive as well. The skins are only for looks the default one works just fine.

Now you can launch the m8 bios from the launch menu and it should load up evox.
If you want it to always boot to your m8 bios (so you dont have to launch it every time from XOS2.0) goto the main menu and select settings. Then select xenium settings. Change instant boot to on.
Then from the main menu select the launch menu. Then select set default item and pick your m8 bios. Now every time you turn on your xbox it should boot the M8 bios(or whatever bios file you picked).

hope this helped

This should probally be moved to newbie talk.

This post has been edited by studly: Sep 11 2004, 12:24 AM

chefelf

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 05:36:00 PM »

Moving to Newbie Chat.

jason1413

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2004, 02:52:00 PM »

big thank yous to all who replied, it was a huge help
jason1413 :beer: