xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Os, Bios, Dash Help  (Read 50 times)

--Bubba--

• Archived User
Need Os, Bios, Dash Help
« on: September 05, 2004, 06:43:00 PM »

I have a v 1.o xbox.
Installed soldered Xenium Ice.
I boot into Xenium OS 2.0 prerelease.
I ran M8 through evtools.
I just flashed bios. (M8)

Is there anything I should have named the bank M8 went into?( i named it M8)

I am having trouble with ftp via crossover.

The problem is PC side. It will be fixed tomorrow.

How does a "normal" modded xbox load?
does it go OS --> Dash --> Apps ?
Or do you turn it on and it goes directly to dash?

Without ftp can I use an ISo to load Avalaunch?

I hesitate to ask, but i have searched/ read tuts, and I don't seem to get the software side of xbox modding. I think it has to be easier with ftp.

While I am asking is XBMC an app or dash?

X-ECUTIONER

• Archived User
Need Os, Bios, Dash Help
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 07:09:00 PM »

A normal modded xbox always starts off with the flubber animation and then it can either start off with your dashboard first or since you have an xenium your os screen comes on first.You can set up so that your dashboard comes up first just go through your xenium os configurations and make it to where when you boot up your xbox it automatically boots up your dashboard without having to boot it up from the os menu.And as far as xbmc you can have it as a dash or app.

X-ECUTIONER

• Archived User
Need Os, Bios, Dash Help
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 07:15:00 PM »

Oh and yes you can use an iso cd to load avalaunch but you still have to ftp it.

--Bubba--

• Archived User
Need Os, Bios, Dash Help
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 07:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (X-ECUTIONER @ Sep 6 2004, 03:12 AM)
as far as xbmc you can have it as a dash or app.

Thanks for the input.

Still confused about XBMC as app or dash. I see skins for it so makes me say dash, but I think it is installed with the apps, and I haven't seen XBMC.xbe on the bios bootloader screens.
I need to read more on it. Just need to get the basics done then add the 250Gig hd.
then DVD2Xbox, and XBMC.

I can run Avalaunch via ISO/Boot , but to actually install it I need FTP?

The only Xenium setting option in OS is for instant boot. Do I change that to boot into Dash?

Thanks again.

X-ECUTIONER

• Archived User
Need Os, Bios, Dash Help
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 11:42:00 PM »

what you need to do is in your settings menu where you see the boot timeout set that to 0 sec. and have your default bios set to m8 because thats the bank you flashed and renamed correct?And to put your avalaunch dash on your hdd you need to ftp it so that you can change your file settings from your boot disk so that when you boot up your xbox your dash comes up.

--Bubba--

• Archived User
Need Os, Bios, Dash Help
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 12:48:00 AM »

X-ecutioner - thank you I will try it tomorrow too tired  now prob mess it up.

In setting menu where i s boot timeout ?
is this on xenium OS or new dash?

Sorry tired and getting dumber by the sec.
Thanks again

X-ECUTIONER

• Archived User
Need Os, Bios, Dash Help
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 01:29:00 AM »

From your xenium os screen go to configurations then go to settings menu you should see your boot timeout and your default bios and instant boot settings just set instant boot to ON and your default bios should be M8 and set your boot time out to about 15 sec.then you must SAVE and EXIT its very important.Then power on your xbox by pressing the power button and it should load your dash instead of the xenium os screen,if you want to go to your xenium os screen for some reason to change anything power on your xbox by pressing the eject button and your xenium os screen should come on hopes this solves your problem.

X-ECUTIONER

• Archived User
Need Os, Bios, Dash Help
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2004, 02:11:00 AM »

o.k i have been doing some research since you have os 2.0 its a little different from os 1.1 menu wise my bad.First go to launch menu on your os 2.0 : and select "set default item "and then select your virtual bank you wish to use as your default launch item which is M8.Then go to xenium settings go to instant boot and turn it on.The same rules apply with POWER BUTTON and the EJECT BUTTON which I posted earlier,now this should fix your problem sorry if i confused you it was my fault i am going on my 5th cup of coffee right now trying to stay awake while i write this.