xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: True Or Not True?  (Read 56 times)

xbox_Steve

• Archived User
True Or Not True?
« on: April 25, 2004, 12:31:00 PM »

just get a modchip they do not cost that much and once you get one IT IS TRUE you can copy games to your hd with a dashboard like Evox and then a app like dvd2xbox.
just get a modchip
jester.gif

Wartorment

• Archived User
True Or Not True?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2004, 12:35:00 PM »

I'm guessing you're afraid of frying your motherboard via bad soldering skills, don't worry, there are solderless, and TSOP flash is harder to do than screw something down to your motherboard.

yamdankee

• Archived User
True Or Not True?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2004, 01:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (Unemployable @ Apr 25 2004, 09:26 PM)
IAM NOT LOOKING TO INSTALL A MODCHIP!

Yes.  You can mod your xbox without a mod chip.  There are many tutorials to do it with.  But it doesnt look like you have a problem opening your xbox, so installing a modchip would be the best for you though.  These new ones are easy to install and get running.

Unemployable

• Archived User
True Or Not True?
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2004, 02:06:00 PM »

Ok i read your replies, thanx alot for the info, ok since modchips are cheap and easy to install, can you guys link me to something that would be compatible with my xbox, cheap and easy to install.

Thanx alot again.

TB2ZI

• Archived User
True Or Not True?
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2004, 02:17:00 PM »

I've heard good reviews from the following sites:
Mod Chip Man U.S.
Mod Chip Man Canada
System Mods
Go Cyber Shop
I think all Xbox chips are compatible with each kind of Xbox, If you aren't confident with your soldering skills get a solderless adapter, that's all i'm telling you on which one to buy. It's all about personal preference Mod chip comparison chart. Read pinned topics

Unemployable

• Archived User
True Or Not True?
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2004, 02:43:00 PM »

Hey TB2ZI, where can i find pictures of BEFORE AND AFTER the TSOP FLASH is done.. for my version of xbox. so i know what should i do  and how should i do it perfectly.

like the after picture of how people have done it smile.gif

TB2ZI

• Archived User
True Or Not True?
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2004, 03:06:00 PM »

Your guess is as good as mine, i've never done a TSOP flash, Rylinkus is usually pretty helpful and very knowledgeable, you should probably ask him or someone like him. My guess would be to search on Xbox-scene.com for TSOP Pics

Rylinkus

• Archived User
True Or Not True?
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2004, 03:15:00 PM »

Since I saw my name Ill chime in.

If you have the money I recommend going with a mod chip. They are simpler to install/use IMHO. Depending on comfort level there are both solder and non solder options and at the moment there are several chips on the market that I would have no issues recommending to anyone.

The TSop flashing seemed a bit more complicated but is certainly a legit mod. There's a nice tutorial on the the 007 method which seemed to be the easiest one. There should also be some pics in one of the tutorials of at least one version mobo with the points connected.

InfernO8

• Archived User
True Or Not True?
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2004, 03:17:00 PM »

Unemployable as soon as I read "Is it true that you can rent games and copy them to your computer and than play them on your xbox?" I knew I had to say something...that is not the point of these apps etc...the point of it is so maybe if your kids dont handle discs well...or you tend to loose them often...not to be making tons of money off of this...if thats why you are planning on doing this then u really are doing it for the wrong reasons...theyre are a few illegal situations when it comes to xbox and that is without a doubt one of them...when u own the disc you have the right to copy it for safety etc. But when you don't own the disc...you are ripping off MS for their time to create a game...making it unfair for those who payed $50 to buy the game and you pay $5 to rent it...and on top of that you make the other people modding not only seem stupid...but too cheap to buy the games...I am sure if you went to some of the original people that were involved in xbox development and hacked dashboards etc. not one of them would tell you they did it so they wouldn't have to buy games anymore.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
True Or Not True?
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »

If you look at the top of this page youll see a bunch of featured sales. The bottom row is all chips. Xenium, Xecuter, SmartX, and Xbit are all very decent chips and Im sure all but the SmartX have a solderless option. The SmartX most likely does as well. Im just not sure.

They all have great flashing features now, so you don't have to worry about hurting a chip via a bad flash. I have a Xenium, but that's just me. All are more then valid choices.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
True Or Not True?
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2004, 03:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (InfernO8 @ Apr 26 2004, 12:17 AM)
Unemployable as soon as I read "Is it true that you can rent games and copy them to your computer and than play them on your xbox?" I knew I had to say something...that is not the point of these apps etc...the point of it is so maybe if your kids dont handle discs well...or you tend to loose them often...not to be making tons of money off of this...if thats why you are planning on doing this then u really are doing it for the wrong reasons...theyre are a few illegal situations when it comes to xbox and that is without a doubt one of them...when u own the disc you have the right to copy it for safety etc. But when you don't own the disc...you are ripping off MS for their time to create a game...making it unfair for those who payed $50 to buy the game and you pay $5 to rent it...and on top of that you make the other people modding not only seem stupid...but too cheap to buy the games...I am sure if you went to some of the original people that were involved in xbox development and hacked dashboards etc. not one of them would tell you they did it so they wouldn't have to buy games anymore.

Valid points.
I'll touch on a few myself. The big one is that if this board promotes piracy it could be shut down. Yes you can copy games to your HD. Yours or rentals. But as with anything you're expected to do the legal thing. It's like a gun. You can do illegal things with them, but there are legal uses as well.

mkjones

• Archived User
True Or Not True?
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2004, 03:39:00 PM »

You could use exploits wink.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
True Or Not True?
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2004, 04:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (Unemployable @ Apr 26 2004, 01:00 AM)
lol Inferno iam not making money out of this, iam a kid myself who doesnt have parents who can buy him games that cost $50 each.. so iam trying to find options that would help me out.. why would i myself who playes games all the time pay $50 which i dont have, ( dont even have a job) when i can try doing stuff like ug uys.. do.. dont even say stuff like that man.. u sitting there probably with 100 or maybe more copied games in ur house and saying something like that..
thats terrible

i have had 4 games for my xbox for about 1 year now. and i can't buy games so i rent. them.. now i saved up some cash to buy a couple of games or invest it in something better, like modding my xbox.

Just remember how to word things. Make yourself sound like you're pirating games and youll wind up banned. May even want to edit the other post and use phrases like, back up games to Hd. This site DOES NOT endorse pirating games. I can't stop you from doing it and neither can the mods. But I can promise you they can stop you from talking about it here.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
True Or Not True?
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2004, 04:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (Unemployable @ Apr 26 2004, 01:07 AM)
thats why i said iam a newb and not too familiar with the site... i need help modding my xbox not help with what iam gona do after u know what iam saying.. i really appreciate your help and i apologize again if my posts talk about something that is not appreciated on this site. i will edit them and make sure this won't happen again..

thanx alot  again Rylinkus

Nada prob. Just watch what you say and it's cool. And this site has TONs of info. Read up and youll find tons of neat things to play with. I basically use my Xbox to play downloaded vids on my TV since its much bigger then my PC monitor.

Unemployable

• Archived User
True Or Not True?
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2004, 04:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (Rylinkus @ Apr 25 2004, 07:13 PM)
Nada prob. Just watch what you say and it's cool. And this site has TONs of info. Read up and youll find tons of neat things to play with. I basically use my Xbox to play downloaded vids on my TV since its much bigger then my PC monitor.

o ye i've been doing that, but i had to buy a separate svcd/vcd player to watch the videos that i burn with my regular burner smile.gif
but ye thats really cool.
Pages: [1] 2