xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: How Do I Ftp To My Non Modded Xbox  (Read 287 times)

Rylinkus

• Archived User
How Do I Ftp To My Non Modded Xbox
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2004, 08:34:00 AM »

QUOTE (madhatter295 @ Apr 5 2004, 09:46 AM)
its the method by which a bios is put into the modchips memory. when u flash ure chip u would be putting a bios onto your chip . some chips come pre-flashed with a bios like m7 or xecuter so u wouldnt have to flash it yourself-my aladdin came with m7.

But for legality reasons most will only come with Cromwell.

Nallelcm

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2004, 11:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (Defc0n 6 @ Apr 5 2004, 09:55 PM)
Personally, I would just stick with the Xbox you have now. Then, if you do get banned, you can just buy a second Xbox and keep the banned one as your offline box.

You mean, MS only bans the xbox not the XBL account?  I was under the impression that the account would be banned, forcing the user to create a new account, on preferably an unmodded xbox...

Drew224

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2004, 11:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (Nallelcm @ Apr 10 2004, 02:30 AM)
You mean, MS only bans the xbox not the XBL account?  I was under the impression that the account would be banned, forcing the user to create a new account, on preferably an unmodded xbox...

They ban your eeprom, not your account. Not even technically your "xbox". It is completely reversible. You can just change it to a new valid eeprom and your back in action. If you have friends who don't intend to use Live you can ask them for theirs or people usually are selling them in the Buy/Sell forum for like $9, I think.

Edit: Your account will still work on any "unbanned xbox" or will work again on yours once you change the eeprom.

Nallelcm

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2004, 12:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (Drew224 @ Apr 10 2004, 08:51 AM)
They ban your eeprom, not your account. Not even technically your "xbox". It is completely reversible. You can just change it to a new valid eeprom and your back in action. If you have friends who don't intend to use Live you can ask them for theirs or people usually are selling them in the Buy/Sell forum for like $9, I think.

Edit: Your account will still work on any "unbanned xbox" or will work again on yours once you change the eeprom.

humor me for a second... what is a eeprom and how easily is it to change one?
Pages: 1 2 [3]