xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any Way To Fix A An Already Partitioned Hard Drive  (Read 188 times)

HAL2001

• Archived User
Any Way To Fix A An Already Partitioned Hard Drive
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2003, 07:14:00 PM »

By flashing a forth of the bios means that the chip is 1MB and he flashed it with a 256k bios.  This isn't anything too special and won't present any difficulties if you were to flash a new bios on your chip.
Flashing your bios will in no way "screw up your xbox."  It could screw up your modchip, but as long as everything is soldered/aligned correctly and the power stays on during the flashing process it'll go fine.  
It's up to you though.  If you want to flash your bios, just download either 4977 or 4979 bios.  Put in in your bios folder on your c: partition and flash it through EvoX...

one2i

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2003, 11:06:00 PM »

Slayers 2.5 installer cd can flash your modchip with 4977. Make sure you have your chip on bank 1, unprotected and enabled before flashing. After you flash you can set it back to "protected" to prevent any unintentional flashing in the future. After you flash with the installer cd, you are able to format. Select option for Upgrade HDD and go from there. All is explained in the DOCS.

one2i

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2003, 08:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (fatlipfred @ Dec 19 2003, 07:34 PM)
that's just the problem...it's not a mod-chip....it's not somethin' that's physically installed on my computer...it's a tsop mod...so how do i flash that without screwing it up?

Ouch. Hmm I have never tried to so I won't even touch this subject then. Sorry.  sad.gif
Pages: 1 [2]